Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Am I just cheap....

Im just curious...as Im trying to finish out my first newborn stash....am I cheap or just smart , because I cant understand buying used items when your only paying one or two dollars less the brand new price. I search and seach and search for the great great deals. For instance Ive been trying to get a couple kissaluv 0's to try out before I fill my stash with them....and I keep getting mamas that want 9 or 10 a piece....dont they know they only cost 11.50 brand new? Same thing with alot of bumgenius 2.0 posts I see here....some people are charging 15 + without inserts....and some people are charging 12 or 13 dollars for 1.0's........wouldnt it make more sense to buy new for just a couple of dollars more....and I know shipping has alot to do with it....but there are tons of places that have free shipping....soooo Ill get off the soapbox now...just wondering what your opinions are???

Advertisement

Last edited by crystalkicks; 07-27-2007 at 07:26 AM. Reason: title wrong
crystalkicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:32 AM   #2
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I just cheap....

I'm cheap. I'm building a newborn stash b/c we are TTC but I won't spend more than $7 a diaper. I'm trying to buy all used for the newborn size b/c he/she won't wear it that long. I guess it depends- I mean, even if its only a few dollars off the new price, there still is tax and shipping so its still a savings, but I'm like you- If I buy used, it has to be a very very good price!
Old 07-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

All told, I bought about 100 total used diapers/covers/inserts - the 1 and 2 and 3 dollar per piece savings definitely add up at that quantity. I wanted a lot of variety - one of one type or another here and there - and it was simpler to do so this way on FSOT than buy new.

If you're going for very highest, pristine quality and you don't want a large varied stash, buy new! No problem! But my used FSOT items are all in EUC, and the prices I paid actually helped us save *some money* on my final stash.

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:36 AM   #4
smom1976
Registered Users

My Mood:

no but you should make offers anyway on some of the more expensive sellers.. you never know and the worst that can happen is someone tell you no.. so you keep looking..

Old 07-27-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
gracefaith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally understand. I'm a newbie building my first stash too and it's hard for me to see spending 1 or 2 dollars off retail for a used diaper (keep shipping in mind though.) I will say that I'm getting some real deals on diaper covers though! A lot of times you can get them half-off retail used and I think that is definitely worth it.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:43 AM   #6
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always look for trades first...you never know what people might need or be looking for....but....even though stuff may be in euc....its still used....why should I expect to get it for almost new price....Ive never bought a dipe for more than $10....except for one bg os 2.0 that I bought brand new b/c I needed inserts at the time....and I do understand why saving 2 or 3 dollars here and there really really adds up...but wouldnt you rather have new when it came to 2 bucks??
Old 07-27-2007, 07:43 AM   #7
Mommyof2Princesses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Am I just cheap....

That's the thing about cloth diapers, they have an amazing resale. I've paid more for some diapers used than I paid new, because they are so hard to find. But I also mainly buy new. I will buy a used diaper to see if I like it and if I don't I sell it. There are some diapers that don't hold their value as well as others. Good luck with your stash.
Mommyof2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:44 AM   #8
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracefaith View Post
I totally understand. I'm a newbie building my first stash too and it's hard for me to see spending 1 or 2 dollars off retail for a used diaper (keep shipping in mind though.) I will say that I'm getting some real deals on diaper covers though! A lot of times you can get them half-off retail used and I think that is definitely worth it.
I have had a cover iso list up for a few days and Im not getting any deals....some have even asked above the brand new price....do they think Im stupid???? Usually just a buck or two off even guc not euc....not worth it to me!!
Old 07-27-2007, 07:46 AM   #9
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalkicks View Post
Im just curious...as Im trying to finish out my first newborn stash....am I cheap or just smart , because I cant understand buying used items when your only paying one or two dollars less the brand new price.
If your cheap then so am I! I would rather buy new then what people want for nb items. Most sites have free shipping so even though it's $1 less with shipping already included I would rather pay the $1 extra and get free shipping (like I usually do) from the few great sites I deal with and no stains. Unless the item is already new then I will consider it.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:50 AM   #10
smom1976
Registered Users

My Mood:

no not cheap.. I wont pay it..

I try and trade too..