Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #21
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

Re: Am I just cheap....

I thought more about this, and I guess maybe I am just not smart (?) according to the OP... I also won't buy clothes new. Or furniture. Mostly for us it's about reusing and recycling, as well as the benefit of saving money for like-new quality, if you are a discerning enough consumer and have the patience to look. I certainly understand NOT paying near-full price for diapers etc that are of obvious used and worn quality. But with patience and persistence, I have paid on average only about $7 - $9 for everything I've bought here.

Advertisement

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #22
mich1218
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Unless it's a new or used once item, I don't like paying only 1-2 dollars cheaper. It just doesn't make sense to me. I would just wait until a free shipping deal comes along and get it new.

I think the price people charge can depend on why they are selling. If they are done CDing or are just looking to get rid of stuff, those people seem to sell lower. If they are using the money to fund the next size, sometimes those people are charging more, since they need it to buy diapers themselves. Not always, but it seems like that's what I've noticed.

Someone mentioned paying tax on retail sites. I don't pay tax on internet sales unless the place has a B+M store in my state. Do a lot of you pay tax on CD sites? Just wondering, since that would affect the deals you get.
Snooty Booty Diapers-Code "swapper" for free shipping-Knickernappies, Softbums, Booroi, Bum Genius, GroBaby, Bottombumpers, Tiny Tush, Thirsties, Mommy's Touch & more!Cloth Diapers Made Simple blog-info,giveaways, reviews
mich1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #23
mom2mybumpy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by va703 View Post
I just like new diapers. I'm willing to forgo the variety and stick with a few things. Most of the diapers I've bought new have been in packages or on sale (or both) with free shipping.
Me, too. I had to admit it to myself. I don't even like my own dc's poo stains, I sure don't want someone else's, lol! And since I've been here, I've branched out to try some new things I wouldn't have tried otherwise b/c they were good deals or trades. But in the end, I just keep wanting more of the basics that I already liked and the fancier stuff just makes me nervous. I guess I'm just a simple girl at heart and want my stash pretty uniform. Plus, dd is now at the size where she'll be in her same dipes for quite some time (she's almost 11 mos) so I'm looking for things that are in really good shape and will go the distance. I mean really, by now she may only be wearing diapers for another year or year and a half. (Then what will I do for fun???) So for now, I think I'm only buying new or "like new".
Old 07-27-2007, 10:46 AM   #24
crystalkicks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosella View Post
I thought more about this, and I guess maybe I am just not smart (?) according to the OP... I also won't buy clothes new. Or furniture. Mostly for us it's about reusing and recycling, as well as the benefit of saving money for like-new quality, if you are a discerning enough consumer and have the patience to look. I certainly understand NOT paying near-full price for diapers etc that are of obvious used and worn quality. But with patience and persistence, I have paid on average only about $7 - $9 for everything I've bought here.
No no....this means you are smart!!! Im the exact same way!! Why not save!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #25
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've found great deals on FSOT for my NB stash.

Yeah, there are lots of listings that make you go and pass on by, the prices are so near retail. But good deals can still be found. Plus, everything I've bought used in the past and gone on to resell has gone for right around what I paid. So looking at it that way, diapers hold more of their value if you buy them used rather than new, kwim?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #26
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

I think a good rule of thumb when shopping fsot is around half off. So for instance a nb mutt runs around $14 plus shipping. I will usually buy one fsot for $7ppd I might go as high as ten if it has no stains and looks pristine. You can find some great deals though you just have to hunt around a lot. Also don't forget to check into coops. There a great way to get some new things at a disount.
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #27
luvmy2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalkicks View Post
I know there are more too...didnt someone put up a code post
Is it a sticky somewhere? What keyword should I search for if I want to find it?

Oh, and www.babyhopesclothdiapers.com has free shipping.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #28
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One thing you might want to keep in mind when shopping for newborn stuff is if someone bought something new they could have used it on their newborn once or twice and then their newborn outgrew it so it's hardly been used. Let's say you decided to buy a newborn fitted that cost you $10 plus shipping brand new. You use it once, your baby outgrows it and you can no longer use it. Would you sell it for $5 plus shipping? Probably not. My guess is that you'd probably want to get as much out of it as you can since you only used it once and bought it new yourself. Maybe I'm wrong but I think the majority of people who are selling their newborn fluff for a "higher" price have had this happen to them. I think that's why you see newborn pricing especially for close to what the diaper probably cost new...because they've only used it a handful of times. If you don't like the price, pass it by and don't buy it. Usually someone else will or the person will reduce it if they don't get any hits but I try and get as much out of diapers as I possibly can since most of the money I use goes to fund another diaper for my babies.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #29
klindsey82
Registered Users
seller

A diaper is only worth what someone else will pay for it. I often list my diapers high with the expectation that *someone* will PM me with a lower offer.

Also, if someone wants to pay me that much for it, then that is on *them*, not me. I have intentions nearly always of lowering my price after a day or two if they haven't sold at that price.

That said.. just be a smart buyer. Use the search feature to weed out what you want and will pay. Don't be afraid to PM someone with an offer.
klindsey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #30
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

ITA! There's no way I'm paying 10 for a used diaper that costs 11.50 new. Nope no thanks!

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote