Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
taximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
PLEASE, Help me with trainers

I've asked this question on 2 threads. I need some advice on which trainers to get. I just got some of the gerber ones thinking they were like the old white ones. They are really cheap and not much padding in the middle. Give me some other ideas. I still have 3 I will need to PT. I want them to feel the wetness. I think that is the only way they can figure out the difference from a diaper. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

taximom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Re: PLEASE, Help me with trainers

I like the snap-ez I bought. they're well made. I liked the cloth thoughts I bought when I got them but they're not holding up well AT ALL. 3w after I got them, 2 of them the snaps are going and 1 seems like the elastic is loose.

jcpenny's makes some - wee somethign brand. I think the rise is short. other than that, they seem well made, comfy but dont absorb worth a

sorry, that the extent of my trainer knowledge

I did look at the blueberry ones but I thought they were expensive particulairly given the issues some people have had and the return policy (no returns for leaks or if they're washed).

I'm tempted to try and make some myself. not that I can sew, but maybe I can learn? I've got a machine.....
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
taximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for responding.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #4
britjojo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly I couldn't tell you. I trained my DD a month ago just in undies-it wasn't the feeling wet as the running down her legs that did it. Now she wears either undies or those gerber ones that you didn't like, because sometimes she does have a trickle before she realises. It's such a tiny amount that the gerber ones are enough. I have some older gerber ones too, and in truth I like the new ones better just because they are perfectly what DD needs right now.

I did buy some heavy duty trainers-bummis and happy heiny, but she didn't like them so never wore them.
britjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
mama_times5
Registered Users
Formerly: mama_times4
seller

My Mood:

I have a special needs dd that has been very slowly "potty training" since Jan... We're making the rounds.

Here are my "reviews", based on what we have, all PUL/waterproof ones:

Cloth Thoughts-agree, cute fabircs and customizable but they have not held up for me. Have been cloth diapering for almost a year (w/ three in cloth) and these are the only ones that have shot elastic, all six of our are tearing up?!? (They are made w/ lastin elastic, which I've just recently learned shouldn't be dried on hot.) They are also poofy.

Snap-Ez-I have one w/ the sewn-in soaker and it doesn't hold a ton of pee. Holding up great. They have a stuffable pocket-trainer (nap-ez), but again these are poofy and that would be more-so. Maybe good for nights? The Nap-Ez are fleece inside I belive (no wet feeling, again better for night).

Blueberry-I wish it had side snaps for poos. Never had a leak w/ this! Holds a lot and looks like it's last nicely. (The problems were w/ the trial diapers, although, no can't return after wash/wear. Can't return many diapers after that point though.) Cotton velour inside. Soft and feel wetness. Still poofy though.

Daisy Doodles-Right now these are my favorite. Just got two from a co-op over on Diaper Traders. They're doing another co-op in Sept. The WAHM is having to build back up her fabric choices. They are VERY TRIM, yet function well. I haven't had them long, so I can't attest to durability. They feel sturdy though. Hemp against the skin, allowing wet feeling.

Let me know if you want any action shots.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #6
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd recommend Bright Bots

And they're a great price on The EC Store

http://www.theecstore.com/index.php?...&cPath=168_160

They have some other great products too!

Old 07-28-2007, 06:20 AM   #7
taximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for your help. I just needed something to go on. I'll check out some of the suggestions.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #8
taximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey J9 shooter, I just noticed that if your request a referral code then I could get 10% off my order and if you refer 3 people which maybe you'll get from this thread you could get $8 off your next order. I don't know if you are interested or not but let me know.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom View Post
Hey J9 shooter, I just noticed that if your request a referral code then I could get 10% off my order and if you refer 3 people which maybe you'll get from this thread you could get $8 off your next order. I don't know if you are interested or not but let me know.
is this from the ec store? b /c at the rate the cloth thoughts are going, I'm going to need more trainers too.

Wish dh wasnt being such a pia on the pee on the floor thing - I KNOW it would be MUCH faster to let her have a few accidents and really undersatnd the point of pl!
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #10
taximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, this is from the EC store. You can read it under the store policy section on referrals.The bright bots are already 15% off and if I could get another 10% that would be great.