Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ok I'm a little freaked out

Well, my dd is only 8 and my husband noticed what seemed to be pimples around her nose. I'm hoping that's not the case otherwise, she may be "starting" soon right? That's just way too young. She's still a baby in my eyes. I'm hoping it's something else.

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok I'm a little freaked out

My ODD just turned 9yo she started getting tinny white heads last summer. She now HAS to wash her face daily with a cleanser or she ‘breaks out’ on her chin. She’s also starting to get boobs. My youngest sister (10yo) just gave her the bras she just out grew. My sister now has what my mom describes as apricot halves! She’s a year older and had little bumps like my DD last year. She doesn’t have pimples yet but she does have worse BO than my DD. I told my mom it could be bacteria and to have her was with Dyle or the likes (read that here!) which has helped.

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

some kids get more oily skin so need to do washes and gentle facial scrubs like st ives apricot.
i don't know if it means she'd be getting af soon but if she's already needing deoderant then i would say she is getting close:hugs;
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

My daughter will be 10 next month and we have noticed a pimple here and there. She is not developed otherwise (or even starting to develop.) I was a bit surprised as we believe she will be a late bloomer. How much does your daughter weigh? I've heard that girls start their periods when they are around 100 pounds.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
My daughter will be 10 next month and we have noticed a pimple here and there. She is not developed otherwise (or even starting to develop.) I was a bit surprised as we believe she will be a late bloomer. How much does your daughter weigh? I've heard that girls start their periods when they are around 100 pounds.
She's no where near 100 pounds. She closer to 65. However, I have a hard time thinking it goes by weight. Wouldn't it be more genetics.

As far as her having oily skin...that's just weird because her skin has always been more dry. Maybe hormonal shift? She's too young for that Anyways....well I'll keep an eye on things. We thought she was getting little boobs not too long ago but then just wondered if it was her keeping a little weight on. You know how they get bigger just before a growth spurt, then bam, the shoot up and slim down again?

Anyways, thanks for the advice/encouragement.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
a_budravage
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
some kids get more oily skin so need to do washes and gentle facial scrubs like st ives apricot.
i don't know if it means she'd be getting af soon but if she's already needing deoderant then i would say she is getting close:hugs;
She might not be close to af, but it sounds like it is the start of puberty. I started with pimples etc around ten but didn't get my first af until 16. No worries mama
Old 07-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #7
Melissa~BHS
B/S/T with caution~ Ignoring attempts to resolve FSOT issue.

My Mood:

It's a bit young, but I have heard from lots of parents with children that age and a bit older who are having issues such as this.
I would just start her on a good facial care routine with a very gentle product. My oldest dd is 12 and she has been following a facial care routine for over a year now. She had a few little bumps last year so I taught her how to properly wash and moisturize twice a day with some good products.

Melissa~BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:10 PM   #8
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's just so weird having to think about this with her already. I don't see how we got to this place already. I'll get something very gentle, and may even make a custom product for her. I already make salt/sugar scrubs and am going to branch out to more things.

Wow, how time flies. Just yesterday I was holding her in my arms for the first time.

I know with research I've done that girls starting so early is partly contributed to all the hormones added in our foods. I try to steer clear but sometimes can't.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #9
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Possible. My 10 year old started getting breast and pubic hair at 8 1/2 and my 9 year old started getting breasts and hair at 8 1/2 too.
I think my 10 year old is just around the corner from her AF. She just turned 10 in June. My 9 year old just turned 9 on July 10th.

They dont have pimples though. It all happens too quick!
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #10
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandikaake View Post
She's no where near 100 pounds. She closer to 65. However, I have a hard time thinking it goes by weight. Wouldn't it be more genetics.
Yes, I believe genetics also has a lot to do with it, but so does body fat. A female who is severely underweight or athletic (i.e. low body fat) usually does not menstruate.