Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
S/O High chair?

The bumbo thread (BIG thread) got me thinking...I hate our highchair. Like, absolutely hate it. (It's a peg perego prima pappa - DS is a tall 3 yr old and the tray still seems to high. Forget using it with a baby. I even called customer service and they couldn't help me.) We got it as a shower gift for DS#1 and now that DS#2 is here, I want to find something else. I'd thought about the bumbo seat...not sure, now that I've read a few reviews on here...anyone have a solution for a place to sit for dinnertime? We mostly held DS#1 and I CAN'T DO THAT AGAIN. I need to eat with two hands, for pete's sake.

Advertisement

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O High chair?

We got the fisher price strap on space saver high chair from target because we lived in a tiny house and didn't have room...well since then we have moved into a HUGE house and I was so pumped about getting a "real" high chair, so I took DD and tried them out at babiesrus and I was crushed to find she didn't fit in ANY of them! ALL of the trays are too high and she couldn't sit straight up without leaning. I guess we'll stick with what we've got! Saves us money anyway! The space saver has all the stuff- reclines, tray even reclines or stays flat when seat reclines, it has a removable vinyl cover, one hand tray removal- everything! What a buy! http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?e=detail&pid=35236&selcat=bgh&st=2011[/INDENT]
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #3
dluciew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my Chicco Poly High Chair with the double pad. It reclines, the tray is at a great height and it cleans easily. It also folds down pretty slim.

http://www.chiccousa.com/product.php...3&cat=4&page=1
Old 07-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
Bunny
Be strong little marshmallow.
Formerly: s**e**h
seller

When my DS was just starting out at the table we used this: hook on chair and now he's in something very similar to this: big boy high chair. It's spendy, but it will grow with him.
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the kind of high chair that you strap into a chair~works for us but I don't like how it doesnt have wheels.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4241533

cheap too!
Old 07-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #6
jn__
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earth_mama06 View Post
We have the kind of high chair that you strap into a chair~works for us but I don't like how it doesnt have wheels.
you could strap it to an office chair!

We have a fisher price healthy care (the aquarium one) and I love it. Before that we had an evenflo one and I hated it because my daughter was so short the tray was up to her neck even with phone books under the cushion and she still was reclined too much even in "upright" mode. The fp one sits up though and the tray is pretty low. It's very easy to use.

We used it forever with her, she was over 2 when I finally convinced her to sit in a booster because my son was ready to eat solids.

I just stopped using it for my son, he'll be 2 in oct... I just like the strap on booster seats and sitting right at the table. Not sure what i'll do for this next little one but I think we'll probably give my daugher a chair by the time this one is ready to sit right at the table... and give the baby her booster.

We have a first years booster chair and the fisher price booster chair. both have advantages.. first years reclines, but height adjustment sucks... fisher price has a lower back but great height adjustment and also folds up compactly and the straps can be used to sling the seat over your shoulder for easy carrying. We've taken it to restaurants.
jn__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
grisaleen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlaelizabeth View Post
When my DS was just starting out at the table we used this: hook on chair and now he's in something very similar to this: big boy high chair. It's spendy, but it will grow with him.
I stinking LOVE that second one. I've been eye-balling that one and the Z-chair - do you know what I mean? Expensive but useful for so many years!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #8
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never used a highchair with any of our 3 kids. I bought one and hated it immediately. We used those clip on booster seats at the table. Around age 1yr my youngest who is now 3, started preferring to sit in a regular chair but on her knees.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:58 PM   #9
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We use a "high chair" that straps to a chair and eventually becomes a booster seat.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0000DEW8N

I love it b/c we really didn't have room for a booster seat but we had extra chairs and then we just pull the chair into the corner when dd is not using it. Plus it is very portable for when we travel.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
madmax
Registered Users
Formerly: max*****
seller

We got a stokke tripp trapp when we lived in sweden (we've had it almost 4 years). We brought it with us and have since bought another for my youngest dd. The chairs are great, sit up against the table, have buckles to keep kiddos safe and can be used for SEVERAL years. Actually I've caught my husband sitting on it a few times as well as few guests. We love them and don't mind spending the money on something that will last.

Stokke Tripp Trapp
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote