Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-28-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Question MATH U SEE

Hi. Do any of you use math u see for your high schoolers? If so what do or don't you like about it?

craftymomto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
Registered Users

I don't have a highschooler yet. I did respond to your question in another thread - but I'm not sure if you have seen it. Have you ordered the free demo CD/DVD thing? It's almost 2 hours long.

I had been planning to use Saxon math for 5th grade and up b/c my aunt had great success with it. It also has a very good reputation.

But I decided to start with Math-U-See for my elementary boys and I am very impressed. After watching the introductory DVD section about advanced mathematics, I know I will have to evaluate carefully and may stay with Math-U-See instead of switching to Saxon.

I am also interested in any real life experience with high school level Math-U-See.

I LOVE, LOVE mathematics. If it was up to me, I'd probably use both programs and zip through them. I'm not sure if my boys will go for that or not.
o3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Formerly: Boomer
My Mood:

I do not have a high schooler, either, but we use Math U See and LOVE it!!!! My 5th grader struggles greatly in math. She has been in public school this whole time and we are homeschooling for the first time this year. We decided to use Math U See. We started a couple of months ago because she is so far behind in math and she loves math. She says it's her favorite subject now. I can't believe she's my child!
A real woman always has a clean house, an empty laundry basket, smells good, is well made-up, slim, healthy, eloquent, and perfectly well behaved...I suspect I am a man.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote