Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2007, 07:23 AM   #1
pumpkin
with knickers always in a twist
seller

My Mood:
What do you do with outgrown diapers

I am very new to CD and deciding on which way I want to go to build my stash. I have tried bg products (both the 2.0 and the AIO) and I really loved both, especially the AIO for DD's tiny little body. I know if I purchase more AIO she will just grow out of them and that the 2.0 are a better deal. Then again, if trade or sell the used AIO when she grows out of them it is not so much a waste.

What do you do with your outgrown diapers? Part of me says keep em anyways for the next baby and part of me says to sell/trade them once she is finished using them. Who knows with the next little one if the diapers will fit that baby as well and there might be a better product out down the road.

Advertisement

pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:40 AM   #2
lilmissJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do with outgrown diapers

I only sell what doesn't work for us and keep the things that I like and work for us for the next baby. I know those things might not work the same or fit the same, but it's a start rather then starting from fresh later on down the road.
Liz~23 wife to my Navy Dh~25 Jaiden~11.4.2006 TTC #2 since July 2008
lilmissJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:42 AM   #3
mommy2alex2004
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It depends. If I really liked them, and they were gender neutral, I saved them. DS's medium GADs are now DD's GADs since they were all gender neutral. I sold the few larges he had since he didn't fit into them for the longest time and she has the same build so it'll be a while for her too and I didn't want the elastic to go bad.

If I didn't love them, I sold them. Now... with DD's dipes... I am selling them if I don't love them or if she outgrows them. DH and I are thinking no more babies at this point so it is silly to keep them.

HTH!
Ask me how!
mommy2alex2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
cutiebatootie'smom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am saving all of my diapers for my niece who is due wih her 2nd baby in October. If she has a girl I will sell off all of my boyish stuff, but other than that I am passing on all of my fluffy love.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:02 PM   #5
talitha
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have saved all our smalls for the next baby. Of course I'll need some really tiny ones to CD a newborn (we didn't start with DS until he was 2-3 months) and if I have a girl next time I'll definitely need some pink diapers too, lol!
Old 07-29-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So we haven't gotten to this point yet . . . but I'm planning on saving my stash for the next one. Diapers can only evolve so much and sometimes stuff that people like stops being produced and it becomes hard to come by.

If you really like it then keep it. You'll end up saving money in the long run, plus you can justify buying a new/better product when PG with the next one just like you can justify buying more clothes even if you already have plenty. At least I can.

Last edited by sillymama; 07-29-2007 at 03:15 PM.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:59 PM   #7
cooldrinkofwater
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillymama View Post
So we haven't gotten to this point yet . . . but I'm planning on saving my stash for the next one. Diapers can only evolve so much and sometimes stuff that people like stops being produced and it becomes hard to come by.

If you really like it then keep it. You'll end up saving money in the long run, plus you can justify buying a new/better product while you PG with the next one just like you can justify buying more clothes even if you already have plenty. At least I can.

I so agree! I saved everything from my first, even the stuff I didn't think I liked. Turns out that stuff I didn't like for the first fits my second a great deal better, and now I love it. Plus I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED my Little Lambs with my first. I am so glad I kept them, because they aren't sold anymore, and supposedly the last ones she sold were shoddy workmanship (Or something. I never really understood the problems with them, but everybody started panning them.) By the way, my second fits just as well into the Little Lambs as the first one did, and I still love them. If possible, I love them even more now, because I can't get that same dipe anymore.

Just my I did sell some stuff after my DD came, because I didn't like it the first time and still didn't like it the second time, so bye bye. But overall, I kept most of my stuff and, boy, am I happy I did. I haven't had any issues either with worn out elastic or anything else.

Loving life! as a SAHM to three happy, happy kids --DS 6 and DD 4 years old and a DD who arrived Christmas day 2009 I talk about gardening, homeschooling, and crafts on my blog http://craftycristy.blogspot.com/
cooldrinkofwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #8
jn__
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I kept the bulk of it, but bought/sold so many things so many times I've told myself nothing is getting sold anymore until I know I'm done. What I hate one day I might like the next. Plus prints or styles go out of production, or things change for the worse, or stop being available altogether.
jn__ is offline   Reply With Quote