Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #11
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are BumGenius worth it?

My dd is a bit sensitive to the suedecloth too (cant use only BG in one day or she gets a rash but a few alternated with FBs is fine). It was & still is a tight squeeze to stuff them (& I have small hands) and I think the CB inserts JUST fit the width so I have to "flatten" the inserts out a bit more than when stuffing my FBs, but I do really like the BGs. I didnt think I'd like a one size diaper until I tried these. And I like the fact that if we decide to have another baby, I'll already have 1/2 my stash!

Advertisement

rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #12
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like them on my kids (3.5 yrs and 18months) they are easy to use and fit well (also, no leaks!) I just use 1 cottonbabies insert. I don't like the snagging, either, and I don't like that you aren't supposed to wash them on hot (I wash all my diapers on hot).
Old 07-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #13
keeperof3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by offlikeapromdress
We have one and I just dont really feel the love for it. Its ok, but I usually grab for it last. I prefer the FB over the BG personally. But I know lots of people like them.
I have a slender 11 month old and am just not loving it as much as my wonderoos, the wonderoos are much softer for me and not as bulky, i found them to be bulky on my little girl. i'm not too crazy about the crunchiness of the BG either. I don't think i would have like them on my little petite girl when she was younger either, i think they would have consumed her....but I know a lot of people that don't care for wonderoos and i love them, same with these :-) I say just get a few of whatever you are liking and try them on your child see how they fit your particular child :-) HTH good luck!!

Ashlynn (12/8/00) Jadyn (1/3/03) Madisyn (8/16/05) Gavin (7/10/07)
keeperof3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #14
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

I just don't get the bG! love... tried one and it works fine, I just didn't like the feel of the outer layer, and definitely didn't reach for the bG! until all my GADs were dirty.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:35 AM   #15
2girlsmom
Registered Users
Formerly: GabriellesMom

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama
I really like them on my kids (3.5 yrs and 18months) they are easy to use and fit well (also, no leaks!) I just use 1 cottonbabies insert. I don't like the snagging, either, and I don't like that you aren't supposed to wash them on hot (I wash all my diapers on hot).
You cant wash them on hot??
DD#1 5yo
DD#2 1.5yo
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #16
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am on another diapering board and someone posted that their colored BGs lost almost all their colors and when they contacted CBabies they were told it was from washing on hot. I just got one of the Butternut BGs so we'll see how it holds up.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:59 AM   #17
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love mine! Bruce is getting to big for them though at 28 pounds. I just got the OS Mother's Eve pocket diaper and yet I haven't tried it on him yet, it looks like it's going to fit him much better. I would say buy some becasue they so hold a lot. easy to put on, and are mostly a OS. Oh, and I always wash on hot and have had no problems.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:08 PM   #18
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

my dd got a rash with the suedecloth
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #19
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

yes, they are worth it. I love them dearly...they are my favorites dipes . I can't rave enough about them. They just hold better than anything else we've tried. FWIW I have a slender 11 month old who has been wearing them since December. I used them on my chunky 3 year old before he PLed.
erin_brycesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:34 AM   #20
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.

Personally, no I don't think they are worth it, but if you don't like them, they do have a guerantee, which is positive (just only wash one when you get it, try it, then if you like it wash the rest). I didn't like the look of them, I hate aplix, I hated the envelope pocket stlye (read: my daughter had a huge pb poo in it and when I pulled the dipe out from under her, it "scooped" it all inside the dipe That one was fun to wash out to keep it new looking) it leaked out the sides, because I couldn't get it stuffed w/out the stuffer twisting up. I sold it here to a mama who really wanted to try one and I hope she loves it, but I would never buy another one.