Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Poor Poor Celeste

My poor baby
We were outside in the backyard playing. Celeste was in her swing, and I was pushing her.

For those of you who dont know, Celeste is almost 8 and has pretty involved special needs. She has almost no muscle control, so she cant move her arms/legs/hold up head, etc.

anyway, back to the backyard. She is in her swing, which is designed for special needs kids. As I am pushing her, and she is swinging away from me, one of the ropes holding the swing together snaps!!! OMG my poor girl goes flying off the swing with the momentum of the recent push, and her body hits the fence behind her and she falls in a crumpled heap on the floor.

At this point, I am screaming and running to get her (just a few feet away) dh comes running as he was playing with Amira, and poor Celeste is absolutely terrified. SHe has this look of absolute terror on her face and she is shaking.

She hit that fence and fell in really unnatural positions. I seriously thought she snapped her neck or her spinal cord was seriously injured. She couldnt hold herself up or put up her hands to cushion her fall. She fell head first.

I am a nervous wreck. I didnt even know what I was doing but I had grabbed her and ran inside with her. I put her on the bed to look at her, and she was still scared. We couldnt find anything obvious, other than a few scrapes and some blood in her mouth from a tooth. Of course I call the peds office right away, thinking the poor girl probably needs a whole body xray, but by the time they call back she was actually acting ok, like herself and answering questions with her eye blinks. She said it hurt, but we couldnt find where. She was able to move both hands and feet and her toes. The dr told me to just keep a super close eye on her and if anything, even small, is different bring her in.

I have to tell you for as normal or minor a thing this is for most kids, I was absolutely terrified for poor Celeste. I am still sick to my stomach, this poor girl goes through so much and she was just trying to play!!!

So if you have made it this far, please keep her in your thoughts/pray/cross your fingers, anything! that she is ok and not hurt. I swear it, everytime I close my eyes I see her helpless little body hitting that fence and landing on the floor

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Poor Poor Celeste

Mama! I hope Celeste is OK. Big to your sweetie pie!
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #3
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

omgosh i am in tears for her poor girl. i will keep her in my prayers please keep us updated.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #5
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

for your brave little girl!
Old 07-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
tarasanfran
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness! You and Celeste both need BIG hugs! I am so sorry this happened and can't even imagine how scary and heartbreaking that must have been.
mom of 3 with #4 due in April.
tarasanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I am so sorry mama, you and celeste are in my thoughts and prayers that all is just fine and with you keeping a close eye on her, she will be fine, she may say somethign hurts because of how she fell , she may be feeling sore
i would call the swing company and file a complaint, it shouldnt have snapped, that makes me so mad it happen and she fell off, it is not your fault at all it is the fault of the maker/company. Give her some extra hugs and kisses for me mama
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hope everything is alright!
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #9
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the support
Celeste is sleeping, but I have been in to check on her like 5 times already. I think I wont know if something is really hurt or broken or something until tomarow. I really hope she is ok!!!

Im having some m&ms before bed, to make me feel better
Old 07-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #10
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness. What a nightmare. That sweet little girl, this is the last thing she (or you) needs! I feel so sad I'm so glad though that she is doing well, but I just feel sad that fun play time was ruined I'm sorry mama.