Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #21
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can water break slowly?

I had leaking water with both of my kids. Hopefully your little babe is on his way!

Advertisement

Old 07-04-2006, 03:09 PM   #22
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Out of all 5 of my kids my water only broke with one... and it was a trickle... his head corked it right up... but I was having contractions all day so I knew I was in labor.... I wasnt sure though with the trickle if I had pee'd myself or if my water broke
I would go get checked out... if your water did break you dont want to risk infection.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #23
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ALSO
If you are wanting to het labor going... nipple stimulation does work! however you do have to keep at it!

With my 4th child, they threatened to induce me because he was due to be born on Thanksgiving... I went the castor oil route... it did work, my ds was born that night.... it isnt for everyone though. (I should note I was induced with my 3rd child and I did NOT want to be induced again)
Old 07-04-2006, 03:22 PM   #24
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Well.. I'm still around y'all.... oof.. and I am not so keen on the Castor Oil route... me and my gastrointestinal track have never been on great terms since I started taking EPO and red raspberry caplets.. and I'd like to not have the sort of bowel movement that I'll be lucky to have any bones left by the end!

The "trickle" is coming more regularly now... so I'll be calling soon. Still no contractions though... so I'm thinking there really isn't much to be said about avoiding being induced... but that's okay. I'll brave it and be dumb my first time around--maybe on the next kiddo I'll know what to do a little better

So, can you start and stop your water breaking with kegal exercises?? Is that possible?
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #25
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

I've never heard of stopping and starting your water leaking with kegals

and if you're not putting a bunch of things up in there that shouldn't be then your risk of infection is so low it's ridiculous - Dr.'s just panic and go overboard - however, I wouldn't necessarily take a bath with my water broken unless you know the tub is clean and rinsed very well and then it's ok - you'll probably have someone tell you it isn't but think about it - women give birth in the water all the time!

Oh you couldn't pay me to be induced - ugh - I'd try everything I could naturally first! Do you have a master herbalist near you that you could call. there are herbal combinations that are natural forms of induction and far better for your body and baby than pitocin is.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #26
Manna00
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

HA! A master herbalist?? Not 'round these parts... maybe a mountain man.. but nope, no herbalists.

We're just going to ride the ride and no matter what, we'll have a baby by the end!
Old 07-04-2006, 04:25 PM   #27
trinmama
Registered Users
seller

wow, good luck, mama! I just had my dd last sunday, and the dr did the litmus test someone talked about and I had a slow leak. who knows when it started, i just thought it was lots of mucus making the extra wetness. LOL. they ended up breaking my water completely then starting pitocin. OUCH not a good plan contrax were ROUGH then, and things went really really really fast. so, if they want to do something like that to you, you might go uber fast...

Yes, I'm trying out the cloth again. Maybe I should stick with it this time.
trinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #28
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to say stay home as long as possible. Mine started leaking with Zane almost 6 weeks early and once I went to the hospital it was go into labor or c/s. I wish I had known to stay home a while. When you do go make them keep their hands out of "there". The more they mess with you the more likely you are to get an infection- or at least they'll threaten that. My guess is they'll only give you 24 hours then insist on a c/s, and if possible you REALLY don't want to be induced. Plus they'll want you in bed with a monitor on which slows labor. Hang out at home, scrub some floors, organize the closets, take a long walk, whatever, enjoy your last few moments before your baby enters the world.

Praying for you!!

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #29
Manna00
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yeesh!! Well, I'm hoping that because I'm overdue they won't threaten a C/S... and as bad as being induced sounds.. I"d rather do that over a C/S. The hospital in this area is 100% against VBAC... so, once a C/S always a C/S.

Anywho... I did call the birthing center and the nurse was rude, rude, rude. You all told me more information than she did. She "informeD" me that urine smells (DUH!!) and "Water" doesn't. Yeah. Thanks for the memo. My problem is is that I think I urinate and then a little fluid comes out. Plus, there's a been a lot more mucus. See... my mind was sooo set on looking for one of the "signs" that now I'm so confused. Good grief.

I'll keep you updated!
Old 07-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #30
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

Ok Amanda - this maybe be a bit TMI but I was raised by a nurse and have 6 of my own - when you feel like you have leaked - try to blot the front area where you tinkle and then use a separate piece of toilet paper and wipe farther back (v*g*na) and see if you have any oder - or if you're not shy just use fingers to touch that area and smell them -

the above person is 100% correct! wait as long as you can to go to the hospital.

If your hospital is 100% against VBAC then they are probably very high rate C-Sec - I hate to tell you that but even my grandmother who is an ex-RN will tell you the same thing -

and the thing is once you get pitocin your odds of complications and a c-sec increase dramatically.

Seriously if you can hang out at home until you are at least having contrax every 5 min consistently apart then do so!

The more overdue you are the more prone they will actually be to induce and not give you time to progress and then end up with a c-sec.

the other thing to watch for so that you know ahead of time - is that many nurses (esp. new ones) will freak when the heart rate drops - what they don't bother to tell you is that in transition when baby's head is engaged and going through the canal that the poor things head is being squished and it is normal for it to take a bit longer for the heart rate to get back to normal and often times nurses freak out and panic and then they rush for a c-sec when if they'd just be patient for 10 more min you'd have a baby in your arms

don't say any of that to scare you - just so that you are informed and know what is going on!

I had the heartrate drop on me with # 3 in the hosp and so midwife asked me to lay on my side in the bed - I had the baby 4 contrax later! Literally the whole baby out in 4 contrax later!

do what pp said also - scrub floors - have sex - lots of sex

if you want - if you aren't a member there - I can ask on fertility friend - and see if some of the midwives there know of any herbs you could take to naturally induce - the thing about herbs is that they work if you are ready but if you are not then they won't so you're not harming anything (with most herbs anyway - there are some - like cohoshes that you can take too much of) but if you're over your due date then you're probably getting so close anyway!

Oh - and how positive are you of your due date? were you charting or anything to know for sure when you conceived? I only ask cause due dates are an educated guess

ok I wrote you a book! sorry! you can tell me to shut up anytime!