Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
Nadmom
Registered Users
seller

Stilling Looking for the Perfect Diaper

I started out with prefolds and covers happily for the 1st 9 months with a diaper service. Then started buying my own and dabbled in AIOs and pockets then discovered it was my pockets that I always reach for.

Along the way I decide I hated velcro and would only use snaps, front snaps seem to fit dd better than side and I found I preferred suede cloth to fleece.

As diaper changes have become more challenging (21 months) I am finding I now prefer velcro to the snaps. - So I have been switching things around but, I currently don't have enough of the diapers I like so now what to get....

And at 21 months and 26lbs I want something that will see us to potty training and she has a small to normal waist but chunky thighs.

What I want:
-suede cloth lined
-velcro tabs that work well (won't scratch dd's belly or open in wash)
-will really go up to 35lbs or more but will still fit her now at 26lbs
-pocket or AIO true or 2 (if it snaps in securely - not interested in a external soaker that has 1 or 2 snaps at one end or folds - moves too much and is to hard to put on)

I have:
-Bumgeniuses and really like them but I have 5 and don't want anymore since they have to hang dry (I use a dryer) and there isn't much room for growth, no way they will take us to potty training, unless she is a early trainer. I also have had wicking issues at night on the stretch tabs.
-Angeldry pockets - I really like these too but not as good a fit as BG a little poofy in the butt. These do work at night.

Considering:
-Drybees but worried about the upper weight limit of 30lbs

There must be other options...

I know I am being picky but I am after all looking for the perfect diaper.

Suggestions with links are much appreciated.

Advertisement

Barefoot Books
Nadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
jamiectw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stilling Looking for the Perfect Diaper

Well I probably won't be much help because the AngelDry are my favorites and you said you thought they were a bit poofy. They do fit a wide range though. They fit skinny and chunky babies perfectly. What size is your DD in? If the rise is too long that may be what is causing it to be poofy in the butt.

I went through the exact same thing as you. Hated snaps and wanted velcro, then hated velcro and wanted snaps again, then DS started with the potty and wanted velcro since they're easier to take off. Also DH will do velcro but doesn't like snaps and doesn't put them on right.

I only have one Drybees and don't much care for it but it's a side snap and I don't like side snaps. I've never tried the BG. I've tried Fuzzi Bunz which are a trimmer fit than the AD but I don't like the fit and have leaking issues quite a bit. Very Baby's fit similar to a FB but with Aplix and would probably be good for chunky thighs, I don't like them because they don't fit my DD's little thighs. I've tried Harleyz and don't like those at all, they always leak. I have a GAD that I don't like but again it's side snap. I've tried Snap-EZ and didn't like it because the medium was too small but the large was too big, but she's changed her sizing since then. I'm sure I've tried more but just can't think of them now.

HTH and good luck!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
juniper29
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stilling Looking for the Perfect Diaper

Very Baby pockets are very generously sized in the large size (not the "stickiest" aplix though)! Fuzzi Fannies are very generously sized as well and come in cute polyester prints :-) Hmmm....I have a lot of side-snapping dipes!!! lol Bum-ware aren't pockets, but their larges are generous and they have the stickiest aplix!!! :-)

Last edited by juniper29; 07-10-2006 at 12:06 PM.
juniper29 is offline   Reply With Quote