Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
shell62995
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
did I overacted?

My son has 2 friends that imo are budding troublemakers. I think thier families must be busy alot because they seem to have little supervision. One of them was expelled from school and put in a school for out of control kids ( i forgot the correct term for it) any ways, they seem to play mean tricks on my 12 ds.(he is hfa and is very gullable)One time they said one of them was missing for 3 days. They will hang up one him and say the phone is doing it not them. And last night at 1am they called 11 times and hung up. They have hung up on me before. I don't think these kids understand caller id. Anyways, they woke up dh who has be working 19 hr days and our co-sleeping 11 mth old dd. I called the kids back and they hung up. I called again and the kid lied and said he was sorry he dailed the wrong #. I said 11x? He said no i didn't and hung up on me! I told ds this morning I don't want him to foster these friendships anymore. One of this jumped him at school last year and my ds still was his friend. Do you think I am wrong to tell him to cut off this friendship? These are the only kids he talks to on the phone. He has other numbers but ds only calls these two. Should I call the parents and let them know thier son was calling me all night? WWYD?

Advertisement

shell62995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: did I overacted?

Yikes! I'm not a lot of use as we don't have anyone that age here...

I would personally tell the parents though... what are they doing up at 1am calling people!

Hope you get some good advice and get it sorted out. I hope your DS can find some good friends that appreciate him!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #3
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could block the number so they cannot call you but you can call them. I realize these, at this time, may be the only people he talks to but you would rather have nothing if they are bad influences. YKWIM. He will find more people. 12 is an odd age.
"Freedom is not Free"
bugaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #4
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

Not overreacting at all. I would be on the phone with the parents and even telling them that it's harassment and if it is not stopped the police will be called (even if you don't plan to). I would not allow my ds to hang out with those boys either. My ds is 12 1/2 and I fully understand what you are going through.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #5
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I'd be calling the parents and telling them if they don't get the kids to stop, I'm pressing charges for harassment.

And no, you didn't do anything irrational by asking your son to stop any friendship. Explaining to him that friends that respect each other don't harass the families of those friends for S&G's.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

not only would I call the mom.. but the law would follow.. I dont care what is going on .. they shouldnt call your house at 1 am 11 times.. that is nuts.. and yes.. my son wouldnt be allowed to talk/play with them . thats not cool and you should tell the cops about it.. maybe to wake their mother / parents up on what kind of kids they are raising..
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugaboo View Post
You could block the number so they cannot call you but you can call them. I realize these, at this time, may be the only people he talks to but you would rather have nothing if they are bad influences. YKWIM. He will find more people. 12 is an odd age.

BLOCK IT!

And if they ask him why they can't reach him on the phone he can say it's not him, it's the phone... and he won't be lying.

Sometimes I can't stand (other people's) children!

Definitely talk to those parents... they probably wouldn't be too happy about it either. Then again if your son has already gotten beat up once by one of these kids... might want to think about your son's future safety at his school, too. Talk to an adviser or principle about them if they are harassing your child there. From personal experience, I know that bullies only get worse.
hackermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 AM   #8
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, I'd cut off the "friendship." They aren't his friends anyways, they are just using him and I wouldn't allow that to happen.

And yes, I'd call the parents and ask if they could please keep their child from calling at 1am. No calls after 8 or 9, thanks. They might scream at you, but hey, at least you asked.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:40 AM   #9
shell62995
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the advice! And the fight was more of an ambush! The kid just came running at him and started kicking. Ds just blocked his hits and told him to calm down before he hurt himself! My son is 5'3 and pretty strong from helping his dad work on the weekends! My son was proud of himself! LOL!
shell62995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #10
Shawnah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

WOW what a situation! I would totally cut off the ties! I guess this is what I have to look forward to huh