Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:
Anyone Else Experience SAHM Burnout?

First let me say I love being a SAHM and appreciate that DH supports us. But sometimes I get downright depressed about being home. DS#1 does nothing but constantly babble or get into trouble. DS#2 is into everything...mostly our things rather than toys. And I feel like all chores are up to me. Right now, I am tired of cleaning up after everyone. I am tired of cooking, shopping, paying bills, running errands, taking kids to the doctor, going to the gym, and getting up at 6:30 am every damned morning. Am I the only one that feels this way? Sometimes, I just need an escape. The sad part is we just came back from vacation about a week and a half a go. Maybe I rested a little too much???? I just want to be irresponsible for a little while.

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone Else Experience SAHM Burnout?

I do , I don't think it would be so bad for me if I had any friends here and could drive to the park or the store now and then , just get out of the house a lil , right now I only get to leave the house on the weekends that hubby isn't busy .

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
Michelle8903
Registered Users
seller

I totally hear ya mama. I love staying home with DD too but sometimes I think it's harder than when I was working full time! I'm taking a break from my career to be at home with her (a decision I will NEVER regret!) but sometimes I do miss it.

I tease DH and say that I'm going to go to a hotel for the night by myself. I haven't slept a full night's sleep in 11 months now. I have a lot of catching up to do
Michelle8903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8903 View Post
I totally hear ya mama. I love staying home with DD too but sometimes I think it's harder than when I was working full time! I'm taking a break from my career to be at home with her (a decision I will NEVER regret!) but sometimes I do miss it.

I tease DH and say that I'm going to go to a hotel for the night by myself. I haven't slept a full night's sleep in 11 months now. I have a lot of catching up to do
Ya , my lil boy is 3 years old and JUST started sleeping through the night , come Jan I'll have a newborn again lol .

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:30 PM   #5
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We only have one car, so I just get sick of being at home all the time. If I want the car, I need to get up before 7, wake dd up, and take dh to work 20 minutes away, and come back home.

I don't think sah would be so bad if I could go places! Even dd gets sick of the house!

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
kimpo76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes! I feel exactly the same way right now. On top of that, the HOT HOT Yuma, AZ summers depress me to no end because we are so stuck in the house and packing DD up to go anywhere is just a hot, sweaty, tiring ordeal.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 PM   #7
happysahm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsymama View Post
I do , I don't think it would be so bad for me if I had any friends here and could drive to the park or the store now and then , just get out of the house a lil , right now I only get to leave the house on the weekends that hubby isn't busy .
That is hard mama. I do have a few friends that I can hang out with, so I am lucky there.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:38 PM   #8
tuckabella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally hear you! Do you have a friend that you can drop the kids off with and go have some time of your own? Maybe you could do the same for her? I don't get much time to myself either and I really treasure what time I do get! Hire a sitter?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
cotton_jmb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are definately not alone mama. Those are all very normal feelings as I too am a SAHM and keep talking about how when Jonathan finally reaches school-age how I'll get myself a part-time job to keep myself from going insane. It's true though, I so understand the part about both of your boys, as even though the 4 year old across the street isn't my son he sure does sound like your older boy and he's my son's playmate. My son sounds like your younger one always wanting to get into other stuff than just his toys. Hang in there mama!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:40 PM   #10
happysahm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I guess it's normal to feel this way. Sometimes I feel like I need some happy pills or something to snap me out of this funk. I just feel bad for my kids when I'm like this. I am no fun. Just kinda blah.