Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
abbey71
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
g diapers? . . . What do you think?

I just looked at the gdiapers website after seeing so many in FSOT here. They look interesting? Your opinion?

Advertisement

abbey71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 AM   #2
a_budravage
Registered Users
seller

Re: g diapers? . . . What do you think?

I like them. We just got some from the sale to use as covers with our pfs. I like that the closures are in the back, helps keep my dd's busy hands from stripping herself (for now at least) I think that and the fact that each has two snap in liners (so it is almost like getting two covers) that make them so appealing to try. Don't know why so many are on FSOT right now.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:09 AM   #3
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

I love them. The fit is awsome and I really like the covers. Not better than my wool The inserts are nice if you are going out and want something like a sposie, but at home I use my PF's in them and are my favorite covers. I'd say give them a try.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:13 AM   #4
veggieskelly
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes, they do seem very interesting. My question would it offend anyone if these were offered to customers on a cloth diaper site?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would love to see them along with all the other CD options. I just got 2 the other day from FSOT and it looks like a really interesting setup. I'll just use PF's inside mine. The covers are nice and soft and the snap in insert is such a great idea for mess containment! Can't wait to try these out on my little guy!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:50 AM   #6
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I love them, we use them when go out places. A lot easier to clean up poo when you can flush it when you are out!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
PrettyBird
Registered Users
seller

I considered getting a tester kit from our local health food store but the inserts are a lot more money than the Seventh Generation disposibles were. I am going on vacation tomorrow and while I am using cloth most of the time, we are going to the state fair and other trips and I don't necessarily want to carry around poopy dipes in the heat all day! So I would totally try them if the inserts were cheaper.
PrettyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Bekahall
Registered Users

My Mood:

I like them. I use them when he gets a rash. most the time I use flats inside them. I don't care for the flushable inserts. I do like the fit though. I just ordered 3 of the new style..
Bekahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #9
wahlaworld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't used them, but already love them for the fact that two moms I know (who use sposies) are trying them! One loves them and the other is just waiting for our Whole Foods to get them in again so she can use them. I'm of course hoping that she will then make the switch to cloth, as she's seemed very interested in my stash and said that before her dc came she had really given it a lot of thought... If G diapers can get people closer to cloth I'm all for them!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #10
jn__
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think they're too much work when going out or visiting. Imagine changing a small baby in a public restroom, you have to figure out what to do with the baby while you're taking care of the diaper, then re-pack your bag, etc... and when visiting who wants to flush that down someone else's plumbing and risk a clog?? I don't even think the covers are nice enough to be used w/prefolds. The pictures make them look like a nylon blend but in reality they are made of t shirt cotton, and the g isn't embroidered on, it's just printed on. (I just think they are kind of idsappointing compared to the product photos )
jn__ is offline   Reply With Quote