Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
idlewildponies
Registered Users

My Mood:
newborn in pockets?

I started DD at 1yr in cloth, so have no experience with a newborn. We're TTC #2 and obviously want to CD. We love our FB and GADs but they seem like they list 8lbs as the start weight. DD was 7lb7oz... if I had another not so big baby am I stuck with sposies until DC hits the weight? I don't want to get a stash of premies CDs either... Should I try CPFs? Anyone use either of these brands on a smaller baby? Also, anyone go from size small FB to PT?
TIA
Sarah

Advertisement

idlewildponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #2
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: newborn in pockets?

I'd go with prefolds and covers....or even get a couple xs fb's and use those for covers by laying in the cpf in the dipe and not puting it into the pocket, then you could use the fb "the regular way" when you out and about.
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #3
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

We've been using xsmall FBs since Abby was about 1.5-2 wks. She'll be six weeks this coming Monday and she still fits 'em. I was expecting her to be about eight pounds (and she was, right on the dot!) so I never got xsmalls. Well the smalls didn't fit and at first we were just gonna' use sposies till she fit the smalls...then I found 10 brand new xsmall FBs for $25 ppd (a steal!) and I bought 'em and we love 'em. Looking back, even at full price I would have bought them because Abby is our first and we want at least four...Anyway, she's six weeks come Monday and is still on the tightest waist snap and--on most of 'em--the second tightest thigh snap. She's long and lean, though...so we may have to move into smalls before her xsmalls run outta' snaps. So, for us, it has been totally worth it. The xsmalls fit smaller weight ranges too.

Just for your reference, here's Abby a few weeks ago in her xsmall FB:

http://i6.tinypic.com/1z2itt3.jpg

...and here's her just a few minutes ago:

http://i6.tinypic.com/1z2iu7m.jpg

You might run into them being a little bit longer in the rise, but we even could have used them before her cord fell off because it comes up under her tummy button: (Again, a few weeks ago...)

http://i6.tinypic.com/1z2ix34.jpg

If you have any questions you can PM me. Now they even have the xsmalls in a few colors. We just have ten xsmall FBs and we wash everyday. If I run out, I do have some bGs, but they're bulky. When I got 'em they only had white, pink and blue. Now they've got lots other colors.

Last edited by blondeviolin; 07-05-2006 at 10:57 AM.
blondeviolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin
then I found 10 brand new xsmall FBs for $25 ppd (a steal!) and I bought 'em and we love 'em.
where oh where did you get a steal like that?
Old 07-05-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama
where oh where did you get a steal like that?
My MIL had a friend that was gonna' cloth diaper and bought a bunch. Then she won free Pamper Swaddlers for her kid (till she trains) from some raffle she was in. My MIL had been asking her about cloth because she knew we were gonna' do 'em. So...she asked my MIL to ask if I wanted 'em. She wanted to give 'em to me for free, but I couldn't take just free. She wouldn't take more than $25 and I was happy with that...such a steal, huh?
Old 07-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeviolin
My MIL had a friend that was gonna' cloth diaper and bought a bunch. Then she won free Pamper Swaddlers for her kid (till she trains) from some raffle she was in. My MIL had been asking her about cloth because she knew we were gonna' do 'em. So...she asked my MIL to ask if I wanted 'em. She wanted to give 'em to me for free, but I couldn't take just free. She wouldn't take more than $25 and I was happy with that...such a steal, huh?
wow!!!! that rocks! I just ordered a whole stash for our upcoming baby. I was going to do PFs and wraps but I thought since her sister is in FB, I'll just simplify and use FB for them both! Your pics of your dd in her XS FB had alot to do with that!
Old 07-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #7
idlewildponies
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok, so other than the CD FB fairy offering you a great deal *wink*, where can one get colored XS? The only place I saw them was fuzzibunzstore I think? And only a few colors. BUT on Ebay there was a lot of like 8 and one was teal! I'll live if I can only have a few colors to start, but half the fun is the wild colors.
TIA
Sarah
idlewildponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #8
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlewildponies
Ok, so other than the CD FB fairy offering you a great deal *wink*, where can one get colored XS? The only place I saw them was fuzzibunzstore I think? And only a few colors. BUT on Ebay there was a lot of like 8 and one was teal! I'll live if I can only have a few colors to start, but half the fun is the wild colors.
TIA
Sarah
I know diaper junction has baby blue, baby pink, sage, and butter as well as white. They had colors, then it was just white, and it looks like they're kinda' bringing 'em back.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #9
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama
wow!!!! that rocks! I just ordered a whole stash for our upcoming baby. I was going to do PFs and wraps but I thought since her sister is in FB, I'll just simplify and use FB for them both! Your pics of your dd in her XS FB had alot to do with that!

Y'know...I've really found that they work great for us. Like I said, I probably would have paid full price for 'em if I knew they worked this well for the NB size. I don't have a huge amount because they are only in them for so long, y'know? So I don't mind washing everyday and having a smaller stash because they won't get worn as long.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #10
CheaperByTheDozen
Registered Users

I have chicken legged kids. I hated the pockets I had... I had wonderoos though... Sell me on xsm FBs... I would LOVE to get some. I am going prefolds and covers for my next. I just got my covers in the mail today... and my premiee prefolds are on order. If I could be reassured that I can get a good fit in the legs with the FBs I want to try some...

My last baby I used wonderoos and a few newborn LLs and then prefolds and covers. I did not have enough. So this time around... I have already bought all my covers... and I ordered 2 dozen premiee prefolds. (I already have about 3 dozen infant) My last baby was too small for the premiee prefolds... but each baby gets bigger right???
CheaperByTheDozen is offline   Reply With Quote