Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2006, 02:21 PM   #11
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Re: I'm worried...

It's ok to be worried/scared. I would call your doc though - sincerely, that's what they're there for & if nothing else than to set your mind at ease, it would be worth it.

Also, w/DS#1 I had so many times I just knew something was wrong... and it turned out ok. I would feel him a bunch one day, then nothing for days... turns out the placenta was on my stomache like right where my belly button is, etc... anyway he could kick that all he wanted & I just wouldn't reall feel it!

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #12
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

you'll find out at the u/s mama. you're being a perfectly normal mama as far i'm concerned. i'm almost 34 weeks now and i still sometimes don't feel pregnant then he'll kick the crap out of me and i remember lol. before 20 weeks though if i didn't feel him move regularly it scared the crap out of me, b/c i have had two pt laboring spells with my other two and thought "how could i get so lucky as to have everything be okay a 3rd time" so i feel for you and know how you are feeling.
let us know how everything goes mama.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #13
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had myself worked up twice because it didn't seem like Zane had moved. He was fine and is now a healthy 2 y/o. If it'll give you peace of mind by all means call the doc. Not sure if works this early, but when I was questioning movement around 26 weeks the doc had me drink some orange juice and lay on my left (?) side. Withing just a few minutes he was moving around.

Praying for you!

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 AM   #14
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceNzanesmom

I had myself worked up twice because it didn't seem like Zane had moved. He was fine and is now a healthy 2 y/o. If it'll give you peace of mind by all means call the doc. Not sure if works this early, but when I was questioning movement around 26 weeks the doc had me drink some orange juice and lay on my left (?) side. Withing just a few minutes he was moving around.

Praying for you!
Yep...some fruit juice and lie on your left side. It's okay to feel this way. You love your baby!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:34 AM   #15
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Don't stress to much honey! Your baby is still small enough to turn sommer-saults inside you and if he/she is facing your back, you will not be able to feel any kicks like you would facing your front. It happens quite often, happened to me one time as well, scared the snot out of me but U/S found the baby happily kicking my back and I just didn't feel it.

Rest easy, try changing positions, drink some O.J. if you wish. Lubs ya hon.! Take it easy!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #16
Kellyd
Registered Users

I am expecting my fourth baby- right at 34 weeks now. I have had 2 miscarriages, so I can understand worry about your baby. With my son (oldest) I felt definite movement at about 14 weeks- which is early, but they said I could feel it so well because I was so thin. With my middle child I felt her move at about 13 weeks- and it continued from there on out. With # 3 I felt her move good at about 15 weeks- which worried me quite a bit because they say you feel them move earlier and earlier with each pregnancy. With this one- nothing until about 20 weeks. I was actually getting really worried about it because just like you I didn't feel totally pregnant. I was showing, but wasn't noticing my belly really growing. We had already had one US at 16 weeks because I'm considered high risk- and so we were waiting for US #2. I really expected to go in and be told that the baby had died. Please don't apologize for any of your feelings. You can't help your emotions. But- also, if you are really that worried- don't make yourself wait until the ultrasound on Monday. Call your OB and ask to talk to one of the nurses- they usually call them triage nurses- and tell them what you are worried about. Ask if you can come in for a fetal heart tone check.
Kellyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #17
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon
I can't possibly get "lucky" enough to continue on like that while others out there are suffering loss after loss. It's like I feel that it's MY turn or something.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Dh even brought it up this time. He said he is worried because we have been so blessed already.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #18
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone. I 'm still in the same boat...I'm just trying not to think about it you know. Monday is so close(4 days) and I'll know either way. I *thought* I've felt something a couple times but I'm just so unsure if it was or not. It's got to be though...I mean before I was pregnant my insides never bumped funny or turned or anything...You know. It's in God's hands, and whatever happens he is in control and will lead me though. I know this and it has been giving me more comfort that ever before.

Thanks for all your kind/reassuring words. It's really helped

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:03 PM   #19
scatterbrainedmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

umm..why can't you just show up for a heartbeat check? that is what you are paying your provider for.i am hoping for the best for you
Old 07-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #20
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'll tell you a little secret....

an E.R, nurse told me once when I was afraid that I was miscarrying, that if you walk into a dr's office and just stand there at the front desk, they CANNOT tell you to leave. They have to see you. Whether you have an appt or not, a nurse or physicians aide can doppler your baby in no time.

Tell them you havent felt the baby move....dont leave til they give you what you want.

dont wait four days....it isnt worth it.
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote