Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #11
serena22304
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Water Births Anyone???

i had a waterbirth with my dd and i LOVED it. i am sooo looking forward to doing in again!

Advertisement

serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #12
skayers01
Registered Users

Wow! Those are beautiful pics. Ashton was born too quickly. He came out like a little cannon ball! And then I wouldn;t stop bleeding and was getting clots in my uterus, so there was drama. We ended up not taking any pics until we came home later that day. Here's us at home though! Boy don't I look jolly and round! LOL btw, that's my pretty mama holding Ashton. She flew in fron Tx to see him born!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	at home.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	740  

Last edited by skayers01; 07-07-2006 at 12:18 PM.
skayers01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:35 PM   #13
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had the first waterbirth at our local hospital with C3. DS is not 16 months old and I'd love to do it again. Once I got in the pool I went from 6 to 10 cm in 20 minutes, pushed twice and he was born. The MW almost missed it. I had two Doula's (mine and one who wanted to be present because it was the first water birth), DH, DD #1, my mom, the nurse and the MW. I didn't get any drugs with him. It was soooo awesome!
elioraimmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #14
skayers01
Registered Users

I loved having a midwife! At my birth, I was surrounded by my widwife, another midwife (they work together) and their student, and my DH at my head outside the pool. There was something so empowering about beign surrounded by such strong women when giving birth. Like all their strength was being channeled into me! I birthed him in 5 minutes and it was amazing!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #15
jedibunni
Registered Users
seller

I want a waterbirth so bad! My DH is just dead set against a home birth so I am trying to meet in the middle with a birthing center. My last birth was great with my midwives but it was still in a hospital. I didn't have to have an IV or anything but all the lights, blood pressure machines, etc...I just want to go home!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #16
mrsott
Registered Users

My Mood:

It was in my birth plan... I wanted to labor in h20 and then decide during if she would come out in or out of water... instead, I was on high seizure alert, drugged as can be.... no water for me... I could not even keep any in my tummy....
mrsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #17
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a home water birth with Kaden.
It was amazing! My labor was less than 3 hours total and I only pushed 1 time (8lb 1oz baby) no tears, or even soreness!

He was born at 7:51pm and I was up running around entertaining guests the next morning!

Most hospitals or birth centers around here will not allow you to birth in the water, you can labor in the water (so long as your water has not broken, which makes almost zero sense since that is when the contractions get really intense!) But no birthing in the water.

We rented a birth tub for Kaden's birth and set it up in our dining room when my contractions first started, and we barely had it ready in time!

Good luck to mamas hoping for water births!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #18
skayers01
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadensmommy
He was born at 7:51pm and I was up running around entertaining guests the next morning!
My midwife made me rest for a week, it was nice! I love her! And as for not letting you labor after your water breaks, why can't dr's just get over it! They have no problems doing numerous exams once it breaks (which can introduce infection), but we can't be in water! Water doesn't go up there! How wide do they think a vagina is, anyway!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #19
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

I would soo love a water birth. With the twins I was considered high risk and had to deliver in the OR in a hospital.. With Kayla DH was deadset against a home birth and there are no birthing centers around.. Between pregnancy's I've been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis which puts my newborn at risk for complicaitions... so again I'm "high risk" and will be in a hospital. Stinks 'cuz I think DH would finally agree to a home birth
Old 07-09-2006, 08:01 PM   #20
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagina
I would soo love a water birth. With the twins I was considered high risk and had to deliver in the OR in a hospital.. With Kayla DH was deadset against a home birth and there are no birthing centers around.. Between pregnancy's I've been diagnosed with myasthenia gravis which puts my newborn at risk for complicaitions... so again I'm "high risk" and will be in a hospital. Stinks 'cuz I think DH would finally agree to a home birth

Some hospitals do offer waterbirth now. Maybe you can check into it?