Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
bdch72
Registered Users

Unhappy So upset

Should I quit using cds?

My DD is 17 months old and has started to pee through the diapers. We use Bum Genius 2.0 and Very Baby diapers. I am not sure what to do. She ends up going through several outfits a day. I just don't want to be changing a diaper every hour to hour and a half! Any advice?

Advertisement

bdch72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Bobbie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So upset

No i wouldn't quit but it sounds like you do need more absorbency.Is it possible you have buildup and the BG's are repelling?What kind of covers do you use?
Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
syndibee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

cd's do need to be changed frequently. if the child is wet whether in a cd or in a sposie they should be changed.
i'd suggest using some doublers to add absorbency for your child and be willing to provide frequent changes.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
Bug-a-boo's mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: So upset

Sorry to say, but I think that is probably normal. I usually change that often. K will go through periods of the day where he doesn't pee at all. But other times he must be peeing all the time. And no I don't change everytime he pees. I wouldn't even know how to do that unless I would constantly check him. Right now we are using sposies when we go out because the last two times he was in cloth while out, he peed straight through them, one with wool and one AIO-both heavy wetter worthy too. So I definitely feel your pain.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
mommy2olivia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm new at this, but if DD has just had a lot to drink, I'll add a folded prefold (folded in thirds) to her BG (or any other brand) in addition to a regular insert and usually she's good for an hour or two.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
bdch72
Registered Users

Maybe they just need to be stripped?? I can try that. I just never had to change her that much before. She's always been in cds. Is there anything else to try? All of her bg are new too!! Most of the vbs are newer...bigger size. We have a new washer though...could that be it?
bdch72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:58 PM   #7
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my DD pees, she PEES!! OH gosh she hoards it in her and then goes! That being said I use 2 trifolded microfiber towels in a pocket dipe and she still needs to be changed every two hours. When we take car rides, I put 3 tri-folded microfiber towels in a dipe. Maybe try stripping and possibly look for something with more abosorbancy.
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #8
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lol if dd drinks less she doesn't pee out of them... otherwise, yes. I got some hemp inserts to use with a microfiber towel, or doubled with the cottonbabies mf insert for night. I end up sticking a finger in the back or checking the tabs to see if they're damp, because that's where it comes through first. If they are always leaking through I would try stripping them, but you do have to change more dipes than with disposables, and be more aware of your child and their, well, pee pattern, lol. It takes a little getting used to.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #9
mama_times5
Registered Users
Formerly: mama_times4
seller

My Mood:

I second the suggestion of adding hemp inserts along w/ the microfiber ones. I have an older special needs dc w/ a BIG bladder. She does fine with this combo, for longer than 2 hours! One pee would be through the microfiber alone though. Cotton Babies sells hemp bigger weeds. They are very absorbant but a little bulky. Joey Bunz are a trimmer fit and also work well for us.

ETA This same dd leaks out of every disposable, so don't give up. Cloth can work even better than sposies!

Last edited by mama_times5; 08-05-2007 at 09:58 PM.
mama_times5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:58 PM   #10
kittywilbur
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love cloth diapering and never noticed my baby wetting that much. We only own 10 diapers and I wash everyday in dawn. Most arent even aio or twos. I only use one tri fold soaker, the kind that are hemp and maybe fleece. The diaper get a little damp on the outside, I just change it. We dont really put clothes on our baby so I dont have the problem with her wetting her clothes. I know it sounds weird but I dont even care if she pees through them, its pee, starile and at least she gets changed, unlike disposables where people let them sit in them for hours. Yuck. Good luck hunny