Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:
questions....

I had asked on here if i can HS my son....

well, i got to thinking.. I have him every other wednesday/Thursday and weekend. Is it possible i can, maybe not right now, but later work with him when i have him? Im not talking a legal standpoint, im saying as a mom wanting to teach her child shapes, colors, etc. and how exactly would i go about doing it? Most HS sites have a weekly schedule,which i couldnt do.

I think hes smart (but then again he is my son, ), he knows his animals, i mean he can point to them and knows their sounds. he can count to 3 (sometimes forgets 3 though), he seems to know the colors red and blue, but cant point them out yet, he kind of guesses.

Things im interested in helping him learn are:
colors
shapes
count to at least 5

Thank you ladies.....

jen

PS- i checked out some sites i saw on here and they are helpful but as i said they have a weekly schedule...

Advertisement

Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:41 AM   #2
Choose2bgr8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: questions....

Absolutely I say work with him.

We don't have a schedule for the preschooler. We read a lot. You could check out books from the library that have colors, shapes and numbers in them. There are worksheets on the internet you could print out I am sure. Have him color them.

Colors website~
http://www.first-school.ws/theme/cp_colors.htm
Actually I typed "colors worksheets" into the search engine (I use goodsearch.com and search for Miracle Diapers) and got tons of places. Do the same with shapes and numbers.

Find colors and shapes when you go to the grocery store. Count everything (my girls' favorite was counting steps as we walked up or down).
Choose2bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote