Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #1
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
24 wks, baby slowing down? - update

Once again, I'm trying not to worry, but I am. I'll be 25 weeks on Wednesday and it seems like the baby has really slowed down in the last couple days. It used to be that the minute I stood still, or sat down, he'd be bouncing all over the place. In the last couple days, I have to drink a huge glass of juice and lie down on my left for an hour to even feel a couple small movements. Every once in a while, I'll feel a good, strong thwack, but not often.

All afternoon Saturday my lower back was hurting and I was cramping, and I hardly got any sleep that night because my back hurt. But there's been a stomach bug going around my family, so I thought that might just be it.

I'm calling my CNM in a minute, but had to post and see if anyone else has had this so early. I had nightmares about it all night and now one of our cars is in the shop, so DH would have to come home from work so I could go in to be checked. :P

On a slightly brighter note, I finally got DH to take a belly pic for me and I"ll be posting it in just a minute here.

Advertisement

Last edited by Mickiswing; 08-13-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Mickiswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:
Re: 24 wks, baby slowing down?

he could be growing...mine slows during growing sessions...
Old 08-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD was that way about the same time. DS#1 was always moving so I was constantly worried that something was wrong when dd wasn't. Everything was always fine, and I would have to lay down after drinking some sugar to see if she would do the same and she would, but it was really scary especially after having a very active child the first time. I don't have to worry about it with this one he is on the go all the time! HTH.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Of course, ten minutes after I post this, he's all over the place again! I think I'll try to go get checked anyway, just for piece of mind.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #5
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 24 wks, baby slowing down? - update

So I went in to double check at with the CNM because I was still pretty nervous and the baby stopped again. I saw the nurse first and she scared me to death when she couldn't find a heartbeat.

I did get in to see the CNM and she found the nice, strong heartbeat and said that the baby was moving around a lot, but I couldn't feel a thing. Apparently he likes to hide 'in my back', supposedly because I have a retroverted uterus. Which is probably the cause of the back pain I had this weekend too. It makes sense. Anyway, she did a FFN and will call with the results and did a check and everything is looking pretty good.

I'm still under orders to take it easy, but this does relieve a lot of anxiety. I just feel so exhausted and needy today!!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i am so happy you got to here the hb and be reassured he is fine
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
Tobinnicole
Registered Users

My Mood:

Totally off topic but I think we are due the same day with boys! Is your edd 11/28? I hope you get more regular kicks out of your LO, mine only moves every once in a while but at the same time each day, we just call him lazy lol.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #8
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

GLAD TO HEAR YOUR BABE IS DOING WELL
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #9
Mickiswing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobinnicole View Post
Totally off topic but I think we are due the same day with boys! Is your edd 11/28? I hope you get more regular kicks out of your LO, mine only moves every once in a while but at the same time each day, we just call him lazy lol.
I am due the 28th with a boy!

He's much more active today, and I'm relieved. He's back to his old trick of jumping all over the minute I hold still and it's just the reassurance I needed.

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I seem to be much more anxious about this pregnancy than I have with my first three.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #10
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HUGS! So glad to hear your little guy is healthy and well!