Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:19 AM   #1
Registered Users
Day 3.....

of the mysterious bleeding disorder. Seriously, like 2 pads an hour, I soaked through an overnight pad yesterday in an hour and a half when I ran to the store Called the doc, and silly little woman that I am, I apparently mistakenly thought I had my period when I didn't last month so this is just my period. wtf!!! I am SO discouraged, I just don't know where to turn at this point since EVERY doctor around here insists there is nothing wrong wiht me. I'm seriously considering travveling out of state at this point to get a sixth opinion, because I cannot take this. If I oculd ever get pregnant, I think I'd just have everything taken out afterwards, ebcause as much as I don't want a hysterectomy, especially before I'm 30, I just can't take this......I am SO upset, I do not understand why my body is going so crazy on me and no one bleieves me

I know this isn't directly ttc stuff, but it has such an impact on my inablility to conceive, I believe. Just such a depressing few days, and I am exhausted form the blood loss. I cannot stand this....

sorry for the rant!

mama to A, J L and S
jennyofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Day 3.....

Wow, that is heavy bleeding. I would suggest finding a different GYn and maybe they will have something different to say. Good luck. i hope it get straightened out soon.
Sarah wife to Anthony mom to Sam (11) Mia (5) and baby Zach born 8/31
Read my blog here -
Sarah0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Day 3.....

i know that for postpartum, they tell you that if you are soaking more than a pad an hour, you are hemorraghing, and get to the hospital quick!!!

Could you have a blood clotting disorder?

I have Von Willebrands disease. It is like hemophilia, if you have heard of that.
basically, my blood doesn't clot as quickly as it should...something like a papercut can literally have me bleeding for hours...and it also makes women have VERY rough was actually the number 1 cause of hysterectomies until they figured out what it was......
I sufferred with HORRIBLE periods my whole, would soak through a super tampon and backup pad in 52 minutes in high school (the length of our classes) and literally leave school crying like every month on the second and third days of my period (the heaviest days) to go change. No one would believe me...they acted like i must not be changing my tampons/pads very often, and i insisted that i did so between EVERY class, all day long(no, that wasn't difficult, in the entire 3 minutes we were allotted!!), and still soaked through.

also, bleeding can sometimes be a sign of certain rare gyn disorders, cancers, etc. rare, but possible My friend (27 yrs old) just got a hysterectomy for uterine cancer.....*frown* which was luckily caught very early when she guessed it, sudden, heavy bleeding.

i would demand another opinion.
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote