Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #21
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2nd+ time moms

Yes..I felt that way. I was soo scared she would hate her brother and not want me as her mother anymore..(its amazing what hormones do to you eh?). However I know most kids adapt really well and its not as big of a deal as it is on us mommies..Just try and spend as much time with her as you can now...I try my hardest to make just her and me time when Noah is sleeping...she still loves me and often prefers me over daddy...

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #22
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

When I was pregnant with my 2nd I kept having this dream where ppl were trying to take my 1st child and I made a deal with them that they could have the baby I was pregnant with. That is the closest I had to that feeling.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #23
GracieGooseSC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My girls are 22 months apart, and at the end of my pregnancy I found myself really upset, knowing that our alone time was coming to an end. When I actually said goodbye to her before going to the hospital I almost burst into tears. So what you are feeling is totally natural. And although your time will be different, the love really does just grow, for everybody.

I still look back on the time I got to spend alone with dd #1 and cherish it. There is nothing like your first child. You get to know them so well, with no interuptions! DH and I try and have alone time with both of the girls so we can have special time with both of them!

No matter how many little ones you have your family will grow and change but the love will do the same!
Mamato Halee (9) Chloe (7) Dalilah (4) Jack Greyson (2) and Baby#5 due in Oct!
GracieGooseSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #24
markswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel the same exact way Flo!! I adore my DS #1 (almost 15 months)--he's my everything!! I am 12 weeks pg with baby #2.

Aimee--I'm a crying mess after reading that poem......
markswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #25
pfamilygal6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I must be a weirdo. I've never felt that way really. Of course, we tried for a long time to have #2, so it was just such a happy time for us.

My kids can't wait til the new one gets here. They all love having new siblings. Haven't really seen much jealousy out of them.
pfamilygal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #26
ce&E
Registered Users

I loved reading all the replies to this because I have been having many of the same feelings as the op and it's good to know it's normal and everything will work out.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #27
Car's Mama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post
Okay... for those of you mamas that have more than one child, were you kind of "mourning" the 'Just You and Me' with the oldest sibling?
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When my second was born there were 3-4 pp days where I cried and just felt terrible for having another baby because it meant my son wasn't my 'only' anymore. It was very REAL and I'm glad I let myself feel that because I DID mourn and when it was over all was well.

Now I have no issues adding new babies into the fold but going from one to 2 (and given that they were almost 6 years apart) was hard!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #28
Nanner99
Registered Users
seller

Yes, my first was 5.5 and I got married only months before the birth of my son to her stepfather (who has now adopted her). So, I was also worried about him loving the baby- "his" baby, more than her.
In all honesty, I felt like a protective mother bear over my dd and at times felt like the baby was going to be an intruder.
However, when he was born, I fell in love with him and of course still loved my dd all the same. She has handled it really well and things are going smoothly. I do still miss all those years that it was just me and her sometimes (especially when my dh is being a jack-***!).
Ironically, I am still more worried over her with this pregnancy (due on Tuesday with another boy!) than I am about my 15 mos old. And the reality is that he will be booted from the "baby" position at such a young age. I worry a bit about the both of them and spreading myself so thin, and how the poor new babe will rarely get my undivided attention! However, there are so many positives to having siblings and also lessons to be learned that I think come naturally when you have 2+ kids.

It's normal to worry and have feelings that you do not expect to have! In the end, I am so grateful for the gift of siblings to my oldest and soon-to-be middle child! My 6 yr old has learned so much in the past 15 mos and one of my son's first words was "Kodi"! Good luck!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:30 AM   #29
mississippimommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I found out I was prego with #2 I wasn't mourning. But now that I'm prego with #3 and my dd is only 16 months old and my ds is in kindergarden I'm really going to miss my me and avery time!
mississippimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #30
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

We just made sure we had special time...and then bonding time with the new BB and sibling. Christianna was a huge part in the pregnancy and then when Addison first came home she got to hold her and kiss on her. (my girls are 15 months apart). When daddy was home from work and I was feeding Addison, DH would play with Christianna or read her a book. When Addie and I were done DH would take Addie and I would play with Christianna. We are still very active with our girls that I don't think they ever had the time to think about it.