Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Making the switch!

Okay, so I have decided to 'make the switch' to cds...I have been on here for about a month trying to learn a lot about them and I have a very supportive friend on here that has been wonderful and very patient! So, my dh isn't feeling the cds...I have been sewing pfs together this evening and he is so not being supportive. We have gone through the benefits of cd vs. sposies, cost, ect and can't seem to get him really on board. He will do it just b/c I want to, but I want him to be enthusiastic about it too and not complaining...HELP!

Advertisement

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #2
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Making the switch!

maybe give him a little time ... my husband never complained but I don't really got enthuastic about it for awhile. He has his own pin now that says "proud cloth diapering dad"

cding to most people seems weird and gross .... after he sees its not that bad and your saving money then maybe he'll be excited -- maybe he'll never be excited. My husband loves the worldcup but no matter how much I love him I'll never get excited about watching soccer. I know its not the SAME thing but its just an example that we don't always get excited about the same things as our darling hubbies and its okay. I would do it anyway if my husband didn't like it as long as he wasn't mad about it.

to you. I hope it gets better and he gets bit with the cd bug
Old 07-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #3
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i don't really know how else to get him to get it. maybe show him some of the manly patterns at zoom baby gear? maybe getting a couple of those will make him happy? other than that hopefully with time he'll get it. tommy did after all and we both know what a hard head he has! i love ya hun and all the luck to ya!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

he might never get excited about it. I have been doing cloth for over 4 years now and I don't think my dh was ever excited about it. He was supportive and willing, but never jumping for joy. I just don't think it is what men do, they don't care about diapers, lol.

so just do the cloth and give him time to get used to it. I am sure he will come around.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our CD baby is almost 27 months and I wouldn't call dh excited about CDing. He appreciates the benefits, health, environment and cost, but to him they're just diapers. If you can get dh to be cooperative then you've done good. Maybe after using them he'll enjoy them more, maybe he'll just appreciate the benefits, maybe he just won't say "use sposies". As long as cloth is on baby's bum- be happy.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cloth!!!! That's awesome that you sew! We'd love to see pics.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #6
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks to all you mamas for the support! Lord knows I need it right now! Here is a link to the page with Jeremy wearing his very first home-made cd! He does have a cover over it, but he is so cute in it and he got the biggest smile on his face when I put it on...it was wonderful. I'm kinda jealous that he gets to have that soft sherpa on his bum!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...rs72/1stcd.jpg

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:20 PM   #7
Carrie
Registered Users

We've been using cloth for 18 months and my dh isn't totally excited about it either. We used sposies for a few weeks on vacation and now he's like "oh, we're using the cloth again?"

Some moms have special "Daddy diapers" if Dad finds the cloth too confusing, lol!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #8
fouradss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have used cloth for a year and a half. My dh doesn't get excited about it, and laughs at me for stalking the mailman. He will change them, but leave them on the fence post for me to take care of when I get home. I don't care as long as he puts cloth back on her. I did catch him talking to a friend of ours (male). They are expecting a baby, and he was trying to persuade him into telling his wife to talk to me. LOL He may come around eventually, but as long as he doesn't get angry at you for wanting to do it you should be okay. Goodluck!!!!
fouradss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #9
heather_c
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Like many of the previous posters, my DH is not excited about CDing. Tolerating it is a better description of his attitude. Like you, I hope in time he will become more supportive.
heather_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:20 PM   #10
ailurus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I'm lucky....My dh was actually the one who suggested CDing! Of course we haven't actually had a chance to try it yet (just a couple more weeks!) so it remains to be seen just how enthusiastic he stays! I made him promise to help with the laundry so he may change his mind .....

Ailurus
ailurus is offline   Reply With Quote