Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
Momma_of_3
Registered Users
seller

What does this mean?

I found a website that sells dipes & the owner, address & phone number are all located locally. I asked if they offered pick up for locals & this is what they responded with..

Im sorry, we are a home based company and due to zoning regulations we ship all orders even local ones. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

What does that mean??

Advertisement

Always ISO-medium baybee aios~ any color & medium pws!
Momma_of_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Re: What does this mean?

i know that with ebay I choose to mail all my packages just because i have 1 baby and a nephew over most of the time and very little access to our car it is just easier plus i don't want someone whom I do not know to know where I live. It is nothing personal but I just prefer to do it that way. also I live on a military base but it would be the same either way.

maybe that is the same thing with them?

HTH
Old 07-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

In some areas in order to have people come pick up stuff they have to be zoned a "store", since they are probably running their business out of their home, they aren't zoned to have people come there and "shop". Does that make any sense? I had the same thing happen to us recently, we ordered some Thomas the Train stuff for ds, and the warehouse is right here and they had to send it to us UPS bcs they aren't zoned to be a store where people can come and "shop". Luckily they were running a free shipping thing, otherwise we wouldn't have ordered.
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

when this has come up before, i believe it had something to do with the the business's liability insurance. and "zoning" wise there may be a difference between making something in your home and "selling" out of your home like a retail establishment (rather than mail order).

in previous situations it was suggested that you could ask if they would be willing to meet you in another location (mall, etc.) to exchange it so you could save the shipping, but that is an extra hassle for the wahm and i could understand them not wanting to do it.

katie
Old 07-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #5
rlharp5375
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There are also some states with regulations against allowing deliveries and pick ups at your house. I know here the county states that I cannot have any merchandise stored on my property either, along with no deliveries and pickups. So I usually offer to meet someone away from my house, just to be safe.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

It may depend on their licensing. I know that I'm not allowed to have people pick things up b/c I do not have a license for a storefront, only for an internet based store. I could get fined for selling things out of my home since I don't have a license to do it & I can't afford to just so people can pick things up.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #7
jesusismyjoy
Registered Users

My Mood:

In our town I can't have anyone pick up from my home because we are in a residential zone not yet zoned for commercial business, BUT that doesn't mean I can't meet someone say at the grocery store or local walmart and deliver product to them.