Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #91
kristy-n-chad
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The hospital called today, and I can't have my baby there *UPDATE ON PAGE 2*

Congrats to you! Glad it all worked out!

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #92
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: The hospital called today, and I can't have my baby there

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyrie View Post
But it looks like a homebirth is in our future!!!
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

WooHoo!!!!!!

I love homebirth and wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Good luck mama, does everyone live nearby or could you just tell them after the fact!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:40 PM   #93
Hopper Graphics
Registered Users
Formerly:PurlyQ
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The hospital called today, and I can't have my baby there *UPDATE ON PAGE 2*

My parents live less than 8 minutes away, so not telling them isn't an option. I've just got to figure out how to break the news to them. I want to wait until everything is finalized and set in stone before we sit them down and have "the talk" . However, the midwife told me to go ahead and order my kit and get my paperwork transferred...sounds pretty good from here!

Allison - mama to Olivia and baby Nora my Valentine's day VBAC!
Hopper Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #94
ericswifey27
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGierald View Post
that is absolutely ridiculous... i would call the insurance company and ask what you can do about a hospital that wont treat you according to your own wishes..
That's actually a really good idea. Isn't there a law that an o.b. cannot drop a patient past 36 weeks? If your insurance provider gets wind of that, the insurance company may refuse to do business with that o.b. Definitely something to look in to.

And if there is anything possibility at all to do a homebirth, that would be my first choice. I looked into a vbac in a hospital this time and just knew I was going to have fight 24/7 to get what I needed. I ended up with a csection with my first because the staff completely ignored my birth plan. I just had my second babe at home 2 months ago. We used our entire tax return on it. It was so much money we weren't expecting to spend, but I wouldn't take back that decision ever. It was the best life choice I have ever made.

Edited to say it looks like you decided on homebirth. Woo hoo!

Last edited by ericswifey27; 08-10-2007 at 11:56 PM.
ericswifey27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:29 AM   #95
Bella Catalina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mama, congrats on getting a HB! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear your birth story!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:12 AM   #96
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear the birth story!! Danni

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:05 AM   #97
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Payment plan!!! That is all I can say. Most midwives will take a payment plan and I think you sound like the perfect homebirther. I'm so sorry they did this to you!!
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:42 AM   #98
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My parents live less than 8 minutes away, so not telling them isn't an option. I've just got to figure out how to break the news to them. I want to wait until everything is finalized and set in stone before we sit them down and have "the talk" . However, the midwife told me to go ahead and order my kit and get my paperwork transferred...sounds pretty good from here!
We had a midwife and here they have hospitals they work out of, so we were originally thinking to plan a hospital birth. After talking with the midwives we decided a homebirth would be better for us. I tried talking to my family a few times about the training and equipment the midwives had and homebirths, every time the response was, but you want to be at the hospital. In the end, with all the stress it was causing me, we didn't tell them our plan.

They live out of town and my mum wound up staying at our place the night I went into labour. THe midwives came, etc. When I was getting ready to push, I said to one of the midwives I hadn't told my mum we wanted to have the baby at home, she laughed and said she probably figured it out Anyways, our little one wasn't born at home, because after two hours of pushing, she wasn't moving so we spent another 6 hours at the hospital before she was born. Interestingly enough, I've heard no comments about homebirths, just that it was great how good hte midwives were and great about transfering when we needed to. I'll probably hear about it when we are pregnant with the next one....

Anyway, my long story ends in, if it is going to be more stress for you, I wouldn't tell them. You can let them know when you're in labour if that is what you/they would like. But unless they were going to be present at the actual delivery, you can just say you are staying at home for as long as you can Call them when you have a baby in your arms. A friend suggested not telling family if it is adding to your stress and I'm very glad I listened to her

Anyways, do what you need to do and best of luck with everything!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #99
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

I want to say...they can not drop you within 30 days of your due date. It is a violation of something. I was told the same thing when I got pregnant with this one...only it was from the OB. I'm currently seeing a midwife and so happy she is covered by my insurance. We didn't know what we were going to do if she wasn't. I still need to go to the birthing center versus home but it was a huge change.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:26 AM   #100
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Today has been so much better... To all of you, for my doula, to my LLL and taking birth back ladies, all around!

BOTH local midwives are willing to take me as a client!!!

One of them has even offered to drop $1000 off, AND...I just received a pell grant for school, which will enable me to take out almost the exact amount needed in student loans (minus about $250) for the birth. This has been a wonderful, very special day and between yesterday and today...I don't think I've cried so much in my entire life! Today is all happy tears though!

I've still got a lot to do, a lot to plan and get ready...NO clue how to prepare my parents (I mentioned midwife at 5 weeks PG and they completely flipped), but that's the least of my concerns now. Now I've got to get records transferred, get paperwork and release forms signed, and all that fun stuff.

But it looks like a homebirth is in our future!!!

Yay!!! I can't wait to see how it all goes.