Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
genny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A&D OK? Any diaper cream?

Is A&D ointment OK to use with fuzzi bunz / cloth? I know I've read that Bordeaux Butt Paste will stain...we normally use the yellow-ish ointment (no zinc oxide). I'm hesitant to diaper with *nothing* as the times I've ever forgotten, his little bum turned a bit red almost immediately. Advice? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Old 07-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #2
Carrie
Registered Users

Re: A&D OK? Any diaper cream?

Have you used cloth before? Because redness is a lot less common with cloth than disposables. Fuzzi Bunz are a good option if you DC is rash prone because they really reduce the wetness in contact with the bum.

But no, it is not a good idea to use any rash cream with Fuzzi Bunz. I do use Butt Paste with my prefolds though occasionally. It doesn't stain them, but they are unbleached, so I doubt it would show up anyway.

If you are using the Fuzzi Bunz and still getting redness, you can use fleece liners and then do the rash cream. I have sometimes done this at night. Good luck!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
Termie
Registered Users
seller

I agree... normally cloth bums don't redden that easily. But if it does with cloth A&D is NOT a good option unless you want his dipes to smell like fish. It has fish oil in it.

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.co...rashcreams.htm
I will use balmex with my fitteds if I HAVE to, but I've found for redness b/c I've left him in poo or b/c he's too hot heals up nicely almost by the next change if I just rub in some Aveeno Baby to his skin!

I was just given some Northern Essence Balm and Cream so I'm excited to try both.
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

I might be the lone dissenter here, lol, but I use A&D, espeially when the get a rash from nasty poo- you know the kind that rashes on contact? I use it with my prefolds no problems at all. With my pockets I use liners - fleece ones, I thought the ointment could get through the flushable ones.

But I don't need to use it with cloth nearly as much as if I use a sposie.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #5
keeperof3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD has been keeping a rash for some reason lately. Don't know if it's the poo or the heat. But it has gotten to where it is almost bleeding, it is more of a tearing of the flesh, kwim....i have been putting fleece liners in all of her diapers when i use cream and the cream isn't even clearing it up. Could it be the fleece? Could it be making her "raw"??? Or could it be yeast rash, i've heard that little girls can get that?? I have finally resorted to neosporan (sp?) to see if that will help, and it has helped better than the a&d or cream. Any suggestions????? TIA!

Ashlynn (12/8/00) Jadyn (1/3/03) Madisyn (8/16/05) Gavin (7/10/07)
keeperof3angels is offline   Reply With Quote