Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:40 AM   #1
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone NOT use a double stroller?

I am expecting DD #2 next month and haven't gotten a double stroller. DD #1 is 19 months. I have a few ring slings, a pouch sling and a MT, so I was planning on wearing my newborn and having DD #1 walk (which she prefers over anything) or use the single stroller or be in the cart. I am pretty sure it will work out for now, but what happens when they both get older? Anyone have 2 close in age and not use a double? How did you make it work?

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #2
esoloj
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone NOT use a double stroller?

My first two kiddos were 13 months apart and I used a double stroller. Definitely couldn't have done without it. However, my third and fourth children are 3 yrs apart and I do not have a double stroller anymore. I wear the baby and the 3 yr old sits in the stroller, which he doesn't like. I would like a double stroller but they are a lot of money! Not sure that helps you but just my experience.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
YnotBhappy
Registered Users

I do it. I have one umbrella-type stroller I love. I carried my ds #2 in a carrier the rest of the time. Now, with two more on the way, I am once again trying to figure out how three can be suspended above ground without using their legs (two infants and a two and a half year old) (The four year old can walk).

It is SO SO possible and I never had a problem. Also, they learn that they can walk for longer periods as well, thus getting fit! (I don't like seeing kids who are four or five riding around in a stroller all the time...that's just me)
YnotBhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
YnotBhappy
Registered Users

Sorry...as to your question of how do we do it now? (Jake is 4 and Max is 2), Jake usually walks and Max is in the stroller. However, if Jake needs a rest for longer walks, Max is more than willing to walk. If it is a really long walk, we carry Max in our Ergo.
YnotBhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #5
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my 3rd when the twins were 2 and from the time I got preggo they stopped going in the stroller (it was too heavy for me to lift). I think your plan will work out well....and if not you can get a double stroller when and if you decide you need it.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:53 AM   #6
teaghansmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we don't have a double stroller
i hate the things
my bff has one and i watch her struggle with it every time we go out. no thanks.

dd1 is 3 next month and she walks everywhere. if it's a long day we *might* take her wagon but for the most part she's so independent and complains that she wants to walk. now that dd2 is a year old she can ride in the wagon too. (i'm not talking about the mall or anywhere like that but we use the wagon at the fair, the flea market, the zoo, etc) but up until now, dd1 walked and i wore dd2 in teh moby, sling or ergo.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:54 AM   #7
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have two kids who are 11 months and 3 days apart. When DD was born, DS wasnt even walking yet. I have a double stroller that my Grandma bought for me, but to be completely honest with you.. I hardly ever even use the thing! Even when they were both smaller and ds wasnt walking, I found it much easier to just wear DD and either carry ds, put him in a single stroller, or use a cart. The double stroller is just so huge and oxy that its more trouble than its worth IMHO.. that and I have a Hyundai Accent, so with 3 carseats across the backseat and a double stroller in the trunk, Id have no room for the groceries or anything else. And now that DD is 8 months and DS is 19 months, I usually just put DD in a carrier and DS walks or rides in the cart in a store.. I dont even use a stroller anymore, except for walks and then I generally just use the single for him and a carrier for DD. Honestly, save your money.. IMHO a double stroller really isnt very necessary.. especially since your older child is already walking.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #8
Hitchkids
Registered Users

When I was expecting number 2, we put off buying a double stroller until Christmas time because we knew we would be able to ask for GC to use to purchase one for the baby for Christmas. So for the first 7 months I just used a sling and a single stroller. The older child was 2 when the baby was born. It worked out fine for us. I think you could always try going with a single stroller and see if that works for you guys. You can always buy the double stroller later.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #9
luv2recycle
Banned

My Mood:

I have 3 month old twins and the next dc older than that is 3 and I dont use a double stroller. I have been debating on buying one but right now I wear one and either dh wears the other or I put the other baby in a single stroller my 3 yr old ds prefers walking cause he is a "big boy" lol
luv2recycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I have kids that are 23 months apart and I MT the baby and let Noah walk or use the single stroller.