Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #11
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:
Re: Anyone NOT use a double stroller?

I have a double stroller that we only use/bring if we are going to like the carnival or fair. 4-5 hours of BW would literally land me in the hossy. I broke my back 8 years ago and DH has crushed vertebrae....so anything over an hour is too much.

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #12
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So glad to hear other experiences. Now I don't feel so crazy for holding off. We hardly used the stroller with DD #1 (except for the mall, my OB appointments, and places with large crowds) and unless she's moving, she's not happy and would much rather walk around. I am pretty sure we can do it!
Old 08-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #13
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

kids 13 months apart, and 2yrs apart. No double stroller, no problem. With the ones 13m apart I used a sling until the youngest resisted. Then the older one just kept a hand on the stroller or one of them pushed a doll stroller beside me.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #14
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine are 18months apart & I bought a double & never used it! I always just used my sling!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #15
mengmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

We don't even own a stroller. Mine are almost 3 years apart...but if they had been closer I would have just mt'd ds on my back (or let him walk/ride in the cart if he wanted) while carrying/slinging dd on front.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #16
jkmohio
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Anyone NOT use a double stroller?

I love our double stroller. I have a special needs 20 month old who is learning to walk (yay, baby boy!) and he has to ride for now. I also have a 5 week old foster baby.
I have the very affordable eddie bauer (like $120?) and it is fantastic. I had it for previous foster kids but kept using it b/c my special son needed the room for his med equipment, etc. If he was awake, I'd put him in front, asleep, in back reclining. Also, in back kept him away from germs. Now that I have a tiny baby, I either wear the baby in a MT and put Jacob in the back or front, or put the baby in the back, Jacob in front, etc.
The Eddie Bauer is so easy to fold, lift, etc, we're thrilled with it. It manuvers and is as easy as a single.
You can't use a carseat in it, though, that's the only downfall.
It's funny, when I take the kids to the county, for a visitation for our foster, everyone comments on the MT and say they've never seen one.
If you get a double, stuff a sling in your bag and depending on how much you have to carry, bags, etc, use the stroller accordingly.
It definitely gives you options and I'm a girl who likes options
Jen
Old 08-10-2007, 04:00 PM   #17
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had my son and I care for a boy 13 months older than him. We've never had a double stroller, but I'd have killed for one. Landon walked, and he did very well, but sometimes he gets tired and it's not fair to make him walk. And it hurt my back to carry him too long. I used out Kozy carrier, which he loved, but he wanted to walk for a while, then ride, then walk, then ride, which was okay with me, but I couldn't get him back in the Kozy easily after I took him out.

I think double strollers are well worth it! For the kid's sakes. They poop out a lot easier than we do.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #18
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

I make it work, double strollers are rediculously expensive, I push DD 16 months old in an umbrella stroller, and wear DS 2months old, unless DF is with us then he wears DS and I wear DD. Sadly when spring comes and there both pretty heavy we will try to find a cheap double stroller.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #19
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My girls are 2yrs and 3 days apart. I carry one (usually the baby) and use a stroller or a cart for the other. My 2yr old likes to walk alot of the time, but when she doesn't listen to me, keep her hand off of things, or stay with me, then she has to get in the stroller. I've looked at the price of double strollers and thought there are better things I would like to spend my money on, like diapers!

Last edited by staceyroo77; 08-10-2007 at 04:35 PM.
staceyroo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 PM   #20
emcap
Registered Users

My Mood:

My first two are 17 mos apart, then my third came along 2 years and 3 mos later. We had a double that I didn't like and DH HATED. Have you thought about a wagon? We don't use it right now because the older two love to walk and are too heavy together to pull (plus, they would rather pull it than ride, and that causes problems) and baby is too little. But it sure has been great. We've used it shopping, parks, walks, everywhere and really loved it. Plus, my kids seem to enjoy riding in it more than a stroller. I guess it's more fun. So maybe you could wear the baby/use a single stroller for now, and a wagon when the baby is older? Ours has seat belts and was $59.99 on sale. Just another option.....
emcap is offline   Reply With Quote