Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #21
wahoowhippets
Registered Users
seller

Wink Re: Anyone NOT use a double stroller?

My first two DDs are 26 months apart and I never used one. Just used ring slings for the babe and stroller, if needed, for the toddler. Those double strollers look too hard to manuever if you ask me!

Advertisement

wahoowhippets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #22
laytonsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone NOT use a double stroller?

My EDD isn't until early next year but I'm not planning on getting one. I've actually had 2 friends already offer to GIVE me theirs but I have turned them down. DS's stroller hardly gets used so I'll just continue with that one and wear the other child that isn't in the stroller. Or, I won't even use a stroller if DH is with me- he'll wear one, I'll wear the other.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #23
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just have DD at the moment, but we are expecting a new baby in March. I already know that I MUST have a double stroller.

For the first 8 months of her life, DD just wouldnt ride in the stroller. I cant even begin to explain the horrible damage I did to my back carrying her for sometimes FOUR HOURS at a stretch. Even now, she is only good in the stroller for a little while. After about 30 minutes, she wants OUT! Which is usually when I go over to the Patapum carrier.

If I sit here and think of what it could possibly be like to have her in the stroller, a newborn in the wrap and then have her suddenly protest and want to be carried? EEEEEK! And there WILL come a point when the newborn no longer weighs just 10 pounds and will start to get heavy. I very much want to have the new baby better adjusted to stroller riding so my husband and I can each have a little break while out and about.

I love babywearing, but I cant say my back is always in agreement! LOL

We have a Combi double stroller alllllll picked out, and hopefully we can get some good use out of it!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #24
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a double stroller and I only use it if my two are sleeping or if I want to drink something hot, lol. I don't babywear EVER if I am eating or drinking anything hot. In my car I keep a double stroller and the single stroller. I tend to wear the baby and put my DS in a stroller because he takes off on me. TBH, it is more convenient to have one.. my cousin doesnt and her kids are the same age as mine - DS is 2.5 and DD is 1. I think it kept her from going places without her DH alot. So you just have to figure out what works for you. I got a great deal on my stroller at babyage.com . I have a graco duoglide LX and it cost 149 with no tax and free shipping

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #25
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I forgot to add... the double stroller is great for carrying your stuff when you go shopping. TBH... i was trying to be practical $ wise by telling you it is optional. I have to admit.. I would not want to do without that option. Your kids are only little once.. enjoy the time. Don't skimp on things that make your life easier. It is completely worth the 150 to have one

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #26
PinkPanther
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't have one. I wear dd2 and dd1 sits in the stroller, or walks.
It works for us. I don't think I'm missing out by not having a double stroller.
PinkPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #27
evandmp
Surrounded by Geminis!
seller

My Mood:

I don't have one or want one. I sling dd and ds walks or sits in the stroller if tired.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #28
my4blessings
Registered Users
Formerly: my3kiddos
seller

My Mood:

YDD and DS are 20 months apart. I did not get a double stroller until DS was 15 mos old. I would just wear one of them and push the other in the stroller. But, it got to the point where YDD was too big to wear for long periods of time and DS did not like to be worn (he has since changed his mind). So I bought a double stroller which I loved for a couple of months, but now it is just a pain to get in and out of the car, so we just use it for walks around the neighborhood. IMO, I would wait on getting one. HTH!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #29
amandaev
Registered Users
seller

I have 2 23 months appart. I never bought a double stroller. Older DC always wanted to walk. So I but baby in stroller and let DC#1 walk. Or if DH was with me he would push her in the umbrella stroller.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:23 PM   #30
JosieO
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think I pretty much do the same thing as everyone else... carry the youngest (6mo) in a carrier (anxiously awaiting my first MT!) and pushing the oldest (2yo) in a cart or stroller. I feel like I have more control with the baby close to me but two hands free for the toddler. I have proudly avoided purchasing a double stroller thus far.