Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
HeatherB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Swaddlebees NB - inconsistencies?

I just got half a dozen new Swaddlebees NB fitteds. So cute and soft!! However, I noticed from the first one I pulled out that not all of the elastic is even on the legs. Two are nice and tight everywhere, 2-3 are a little loose on one leg (less than an inch obvious where it ought to be tight), and one in particular is loose on one leg (all the same side, btw, which I thought was interesting) and on the front and seems uneven elsewhere. A couple have some differences in where the snap down is in relation to the edge of the diaper.

Some of these inconsistencies (like where the snap is) will obviously have little if any affect on using the diaper. But I'm wondering if it's "normal" with these to be so different? The one that has the most issues I will probably see about exchanging (assuming it won't be a big deal for the WAHM - I think I saw a post on here that SB did a good job with an exchange recently for something similar), but the others I'm pretty sure I can cope with.

I'm probably more alert for these minor issues since I had a slew of WAHM dipes that ended up with shot elastic near the end of my DS2's diapering days. (So sad!!! ) I know with my first dipes I would check snaps but that's about it! So I don't want to overreact if this is just pretty normal for the fabrics and sizes of diapers I'm dealing with, but I'd also love to make sure I've got first-quality dipes when that's what I'm paying for them. KWIM?

Anyhow, thanks for any insight you can lend.

Advertisement

Last edited by HeatherB; 08-09-2007 at 10:51 AM.
HeatherB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:46 AM   #2
HeatherB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Swaddlebees NB - inconsistencies?

Old 08-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

Is there even such a thing as nb swaddlebees aio's? I've never seen them. I would like to though.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
HeatherB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Cadence View Post
Is there even such a thing as nb swaddlebees aio's? I've never seen them. I would like to though.
Oops, no of course - I meant fitteds. Changed my OP now.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

There was a post that these were being discontinued, I'd send any and all that you aren't happy with back and demand replacement or repair, basically half of the dipes you paid full price for should be declared "seconds" per your description - thats NOT cool.

oh, and sb is mass-produced so that (one side) thing could be faulty equipment too.

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 08-09-2007 at 10:58 AM.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:21 AM   #6
HeatherB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm... I searched for posts about them being discontinued but couldn't find. Anyone have more insight? I need to take pics and will post them when I do - hopefully tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
HeatherB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 08-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #8
diaperfest
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got six last fall NB OV and had no problems w/ anything. A mine were fine around the legs. Did you buy these new?

I did wonder if they were discontinuing b/c any ebay listing had them as "hard to get"
diaperfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #9
HeatherB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, these are all new from a retailer. Hmm... Guess I'll take pics and post while the kids nap, so everyone can tell me whether or not I'm crazy.

Thanks!