Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Disproportionate amniotic fluid?

I went to my 35w OB appt. today and the nurse was surprised with how much higher my fundul height had risen since two weeks ago. She felt my belly and said she was concerned that the baby had gone breech again, but then said eeaah, well, maybe you have a disproportionate amount of amniotic fluid up top. That sounds really weird to me -- has anyone else had that? My ribs are killing me...

Advertisement

SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
SarieQ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Disproportionate amniotic fluid?

REALLY, REALLY KILLING ME, YEEEEEOOOWWW.
SarieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never heard of that.....I hope your baby didnt turn breech again. If you dr wasnt too worried about it I wouldn't be either.
(((((((hugs)))))))

Jackie
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #4
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a big jump in fundal height like that around week 34 too. They never even went over the reasons why it may have happened, but they did check me out with an ultrasound right away and the baby was still head down and everything looked normal (even the amniotic fluid). They still don't know why it happened, but it turned out to be no biggie. Well, I should add that I did go into labor two days after the ultrasound, but I was in a high stress moment (family troubles) and had been on my feet all day long cleaning the house for guests. So my only suggestion would be to relax, not worry about it and take it easy.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #5
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Never heard that but with DJ they did an ultrasound at 34 weeks because I was measuring large for dates and they told me that he was normal size, I just had "too much" amniotic fluid. They weren't worried...I did some reading and found out that it can cause PROM which wound up happening to me but it wasn't a big deal. Good luck!
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #6
skayers01
Registered Users

I'm sure she just meant you just have a little more af what's expected. Don't worry. I was told the same thing and it corrected itself. Your baby is constantly swallowing and peeing af, this is how the levels are regulated. He might just be going through a week where he drank less or peed more. No big deal. If it does keep increasing, they will probably do more ultrasounds to keep an eye on it. Has your dr discussed "baby spinning" to keep your baby from going breech again? Try not to spend much time leaning back on the couch. Spend some time, as much as posible, leaning forward either backwards in a chair or on the floor. You can do it while you watch tv or play with the kids. It helps take advantage of gravity and pull the heavier part of the baby (the head) down. Spending time on your hands and knees will also help position your baby in the ofp.