Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Friday is the day!

We had another doctor's appointment this morning-- no progress has been made. I'm still 75% thinned and 2 CM...

So, tomorrow morning at 6 AM I am going to be induced. They did some testing and didn't see any traces of ambnotic fluid... so, induction time, here we come.

At this point, I am just READY. I know, I know... it's just the worst thing in the world the be induced... but this is the path we have. I'd rather not share any other details about how we are going to choose to birth--I'm sure enough people will comment about being induced anyhow. I'm just hoping to avoid a c-section.

This is our first baby and we're very excited about his arrival--FINALLY. Family is already in town (EVERYONE was betting he'd be here by now, so they made travel plans accordingly) so it will be nice to actually HAVE Sam to show off!

Just wanted to keep you all informed! Please keep us in your prayers that we'll be able to avoid a c-section--but really, as long as that at the end of the day I get to hold my child, I'll be able to deal with whatever. Any of you that have dealt with infertility/miscarriages will understand

Advertisement

Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #2
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Re: Friday is the day!

Hi, well I have read a lot of the induction posts and just keep to my self, but I have been induced 4 times. 2 of the times I did go in labor on my own and dr still gave me pitocin to speed things up. I have never had an epideral or pain meds. No complications! So don't worry. You will be fine! I will keep you in my prayers! Have an awesome day tomorrow mama!!!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna00
At this point, I am just READY. I know, I know... it's just the worst thing in the world the be induced... but this is the path we have. I'd rather not share any other details about how we are going to choose to birth--I'm sure enough people will comment about being induced anyhow. I'm just hoping to avoid a c-section.
What do you mean by this? If any mamas give you a hard time about anything... I'll sock it to em! You birth how you want... (If it's an epidural you're talking about... I get them as soon as the admit me ... and I'm proud of it)... so anyway do what you do and GL!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics
Old 07-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YAY!!!!
I will be saying a prayer for you. I pray you will have your sweet boy at the end of the day( or earlier) LOL
I totally understand the need to be induced. My oldest was induced on my due date because i coundt stand waiting any more. After having my twins just over a year before her, and dealing with a crappy pregnnacy, months of bedrest, only to get off of bedrest and 2 days before christmas at 37 weeks pregnant, having the chicken pox, only to go into labor on Christmas eve, and have to be stopped because I had chicken pox, I was soooo ready. My OB felt very sorry for me.
We had a good delvery except for me hemmoraging after teh fact and heart decels.

If you dont mind my tiny bot of advice form a been there done that point of view... I would strongly suggest you not letting them break your water if it is at all possible. My dd had heart decels after they borke my water, and with teh stress of the induction and strength of the contractions, i almost had a c section. Had it not been for her heart decels, ( after they broke my water) we would have had a PERFECT birthing experience that was right for me then...

Sorry if my advice is completley out of line. I am a doula and a birth junkie and it just spills out of me

Good luck!!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #5
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second the dont let them break you water.....it hurts really bad after they do that. Try to let it break on its own, but then again if your going for the pain meds the pain wont be a factor.
Good luck I'll be looking for your birth story!

Jackie
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll be praying for you, too. I look forward to hearing your story. Karen
kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:37 PM   #7
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I'm so excited for you! You finally get to see Sam face to face. Good luck with the induction and everything! Safe, speedy and healthy delivery vibes are headed your way! And all kinds of other good vibes too.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #8
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

Yay! Come out Sam!

As for the water, the doc has always had to break mine LOL Even with Nate, our last baby, I was 100% complete and 9 1/2cm dilated and the doc asked if he could as he didn't want a shower of fluid when I started push

I cannot wait to see Sam! I want to move now to see him Good luck Amanda!
Old 07-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #9
cblurose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope you have a fast delivery.
cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #10
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

good luck tomorrow. I'm with Rach, I've gotten epidurals with both my girls and I'm glad I did!! I'll be thinking and praying for you tomorrow.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote