Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Sheagirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
wool/fleece for a 5 year old?

My son has been potty trained since he was 2 1/2 but still wets every night. We use mother-ease bedwetter pants and love them but we are having leaks again. I am looking into Ladderhill designs for some new night time pull ups but I was wondering if anyone makes wool or fleece shorties for a 6 year old. He is 5 1/2 right now but I want room to grow. I hate doing sheets everyday! It puts me way behind on my other laundry. If anyone has any other suggestions I am all ears.

Advertisement

Sheagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
McDMom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheagirl
My son has been potty trained since he was 2 1/2 but still wets every night. We use mother-ease bedwetter pants and love them but we are having leaks again. I am looking into Ladderhill designs for some new night time pull ups but I was wondering if anyone makes wool or fleece shorties for a 6 year old. He is 5 1/2 right now but I want room to grow. I hate doing sheets everyday! It puts me way behind on my other laundry. If anyone has any other suggestions I am all ears.
What about fleece pants from a regular store? They might be on sale now since its getting to be summer.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: wool/fleece for a 5 year old?

Do you knit or sew? You can just upcycle some yourself or use regular fleece pants.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hear the XL Disana covers are pretty big. They are fairly inexpensive (as far as wool goes) and Diaper Safari has them in stock right now.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is it just a little wet or is it a flood? I have the same problem with my almost 5-yo DS, whose wetting is generally just a bit but it still gets frustrating because it seems to happen just about every night and like you mentioned the constant wet sheets gets really old, really fast.

I've tried a bunch of different things and what seems to work the best is a large padfolded flat in a boiled wool wrap (biobottoms or imse vimse). In the morning he just takes it off himself to go potty, puts the wet flat in the diaper pail, and hangs the cover up to dry. I don't know how it would hold up for a heavy wetter, but it works fantastically for him with his lighter wetting.
supermomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
Sheagirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He can be a pretty heavy wetter at night. Sometimes his pull up is not soaked but today it was. Where would you buy regular fleece pants? Do biobottoms and imse vimse covers have big enough sizes for a 5 year old? I do have a sewing machine but not a whole lot of sewing skills. I would be willing to give it a try but we are in the middle of moving so everything is packed up or I cannot find it.
Sheagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheagirl View Post
He can be a pretty heavy wetter at night. Sometimes his pull up is not soaked but today it was. Where would you buy regular fleece pants? Do biobottoms and imse vimse covers have big enough sizes for a 5 year old? I do have a sewing machine but not a whole lot of sewing skills. I would be willing to give it a try but we are in the middle of moving so everything is packed up or I cannot find it.
Carter's, Old Navy, Target etc. Just any old fleece lounge or pajama pants have worked for me. When my oldest was about that size we used Superundies or Snap-Ez with a Flip organic and then the fleece or wool over top. No leaks. Now my 3 year old uses the same combos as well as the Tinkle Time Trainers and wool or fleece.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote