Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2007, 08:02 AM   #11
2babiesndiaps
Banned

Re: Crack! HELP!

Thanks for the hugs and encouragement. I pumped all day on the left side yesterday and right before bed too. In the middle of the night I was all full and she wanted to eat so it was either pump and give it to her or nurse her on the other side and then pump OR nurse. I prayed it wouldn't hurt and she nursed and it didn't! It was such a relief! She nursed twice on that side with a little of uncomfort but NOTHING compared to what it was. Now I need to get the lazy latch fixed and hopefully we are back in nusiness. Now if it comes back again I think it's thrush and I need to do a full cleaning and anti thrush treatmenet right?

Advertisement

2babiesndiaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #12
rlsadc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crack! HELP! Update

just treat with the gentian violet. if the thrush is still lingering, go see your doc and let him know. he can prescribe a precription yeast med (such as diflucan). keep us updated

rlsadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:57 AM   #13
2babiesndiaps
Banned

So why is it that I get this every weekend? The first time was a Sat evening A week later, it was friday morning and another week later (yesterday) it was the evening. I keep getting a low grade fever with chills. And then my breast/s start hurting. Not my nipples, because with the cracks that's already hurting, but the breast itself.

Thursday night the baby bit me when I was trying to take it out of here mouth (my fault) so I didn't nurse on it for the rest of the night and then pumped on that sid ein the in the morning. It was about 3 when she bit me. Then I weas able to nurse on it for the rest of the day with not as much pain. The left side which is super milk maker so it gets full quickly!

I haven't gone to the dr yet because it clears up by Sunday evening. So I don't call. I have been using probitics/accidolpholis and gentian violet since yesterday evening and taking ibeprofen to try to take the edge of the fever down so I can funstion. I try not to take it at night so the fever fights the infection, but I've been up since 3:40 AM with shakes, even after taking ibprofen!

I don't love diflucan, but that might be my only option if it's only yeast, but has anyone heard of a fever with just a yeast infection? My MIL OB/GYN nurse said she hadn't but I was curious abt the fever that seems to accompny this.
Thanks for the input!
Old 08-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #14
rlsadc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babiesndiaps View Post
So why is it that I get this every weekend? The first time was a Sat evening A week later, it was friday morning and another week later (yesterday) it was the evening. I keep getting a low grade fever with chills. And then my breast/s start hurting. Not my nipples, because with the cracks that's already hurting, but the breast itself.

Thursday night the baby bit me when I was trying to take it out of here mouth (my fault) so I didn't nurse on it for the rest of the night and then pumped on that sid ein the in the morning. It was about 3 when she bit me. Then I weas able to nurse on it for the rest of the day with not as much pain. The left side which is super milk maker so it gets full quickly!

I haven't gone to the dr yet because it clears up by Sunday evening. So I don't call. I have been using probitics/accidolpholis and gentian violet since yesterday evening and taking ibeprofen to try to take the edge of the fever down so I can funstion. I try not to take it at night so the fever fights the infection, but I've been up since 3:40 AM with shakes, even after taking ibprofen!

I don't love diflucan, but that might be my only option if it's only yeast, but has anyone heard of a fever with just a yeast infection? My MIL OB/GYN nurse said she hadn't but I was curious abt the fever that seems to accompny this.
Thanks for the input!
mama you need to go and see and LC. how old is your LO? im assuming its the one in your signature, and hes too old to be giving you sore nips (unless hes got the infamous lazy toddler latch) and mastitis and yeast infections. its unusual to be getting infections this late in the game. where are you located? maybe i can help you find someone.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:13 AM   #15
2babiesndiaps
Banned

I'm in Northern VA= Alexandria to be exact. The biting is what made the cracks and I had the same thing happen with my first daughter too about the same age. I think it's partly the lazy latch. I'd love to see someone- we just changed peds and they don't have a LC like the old one did
Old 08-18-2007, 08:20 AM   #16
rlsadc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babiesndiaps View Post
I'm in Northern VA= Alexandria to be exact. The biting is what made the cracks and I had the same thing happen with my first daughter too about the same age. I think it's partly the lazy latch. I'd love to see someone- we just changed peds and they don't have a LC like the old one did

heres a list of all of the peer counselors in VA...youre lucky, you guys have tons lol if youre a WIC participant then all of their services should be free

Old 08-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #17
2babiesndiaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsadc View Post
heres a list of all of the peer counselors in VA...youre lucky, you guys have tons lol if youre a WIC participant then all of their services should be free

link? Thanks! I'm kind of dying! Any idea if they are open on weekends?

Nope we're not on WIC. My husband would have to be dead or destitute before he would allow that! Just the way he was brought up- go to family and church before gov't help.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #18
rlsadc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crack! HELP! Another Update

sorry lol i didnt realise the link wasnt there

http://www.vahealth.org/wic/bfpc/bfsearch.htm