Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #41
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:
Re: LOL, I'm curious...

It happened to me, too, 2 out of 3 times, but I'm one of those mamas that obsesses about it and has to know so I always ask DH after the birth. He always assures me that it's not a big deal and the nurses clean it up immediately, but it's still embarrassing. He would never tell me if I didn't specifically ask him, so maybe next time I shouldn't ask!

Advertisement

stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #42
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With everyother labor my body cleaned itself out before labor began. This most recent time with dc #4 I was very embarressed I know I shouldnt have been but I was. I was in the shower had a very strong contaction and well I was so embaressed and than also when I was pushing him out I guess one time out of 4 isnt that bad My midwife was awesome and totally acted like it was nothing at all. I love midwifes they are the best of course Ive never had anything else
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #43
Grrchurch03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard it is verrry common, but didn't happen to me, I had one attempted vaginal turned emergency csection and one elective. But I did go through a 2 month period where I got those "floating goodies" from ds's bath. YUCK!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #44
Monzie
Registered Users

At a recent prenatal appointment, my midwife asked me to do some "birth art" depicting what I envisioned my birth was going to be like. She said it was useful bcause many women's subconscious fears are revealed in their artwork.

I laughed and told her I was only afraid of one thing....pooping on the table during labor. She said, "It happens to about half of the women we see. Its no big deal." But I explained to her that I grew up in a very "lady-like" household where we never went to the bathroom or farted in front of anyone EVER and we were forbidden to even say the word "fart." Needless to say, I have *ahem* elimination issues to this day.

The midwife said "So, if you poop, do you want me to just pretend I farted?" and I said "YES!!!!" She wrote something in my file and we went on with the rest of my appointment as usual.

Anyway. Last week, I had my prenatal appointment with a different midwife at the clinic and, as she was scanning my file, she started to chuckle. I said "Is there a Post-It note in there that says I don't want to know if I poop?" and she almost fell off her chair laughing.

This is why I love my birth center. Where else can you put something like that in your birth plan and have it taken seriously??
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:55 PM   #45
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've only had 2 vaginal births so far but my body cleans itself out when in labor- so no pooping here! I was always concerned about it though...
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #46
missy_cbell21
Registered Users
seller

i was stuck in a hospital bed all day and later that night i started telling the nurse i had too poo, she just kept saying no it's just the baby moving down. for almost five hours i felt like i had too go. finally during pushing i knew i went and i yelled at my nurse "i told you i had too s***!!! mabey next time if you listen yuou won't have too play with it!!" i felt so bad the next day and had too tell her i was sorry, she just giggled and said it was the first time she was yelled at instead of the husband.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #47
vanillabean
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinBabyIsaac View Post
I don't know if it happened to me I'll have to ask DH when he comes home, but like all the pp have said... it happens to a lot of mamas. I for one farted when the doctor was stiching me up I almost died... but he was great about it he said it was his fault... and made me crack up! I think I was delirious (sp?) by then.
LOL!!! well at least you got a laugh out of it mama.

I'm on my first so don't have an answer, but has anyone had an enima to prevent this?
vanillabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:54 PM   #48
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG... I totally pooped while delivering. I remember apologizing over and over again to my DH who had to witness the whole thing.
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:12 AM   #49
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy_cbell21 View Post
i was stuck in a hospital bed all day and later that night i started telling the nurse i had too poo, she just kept saying no it's just the baby moving down. for almost five hours i felt like i had too go. finally during pushing i knew i went and i yelled at my nurse "i told you i had too s***!!! mabey next time if you listen yuou won't have too play with it!!" i felt so bad the next day and had too tell her i was sorry, she just giggled and said it was the first time she was yelled at instead of the husband.
My ob with DD#1 didn't want to let me up to poo. I said I had to pee and he said "well, do it" then I said I had to poo and he said "well do it" and I said NO! And after a few minutes, he let me up to poop with the warning not to "poop his baby" Ummmm. . . his baby? And I still pooped on the bed without knowing it a little bit later.