Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
aliyahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Help me name my baby!

I have read ALOT of baby name books and I'm struggling to find something my husband and I both like! We have a beautiful baby girl who turns TWO July 21st and her name is Jasmine Aliyah. We call her "Aliyah" which is pronounced (AH-lee-yah). We kind of like Asia and Autumn but I'm not sure if these are what we'll go with.

What I'm hoping for is for you mamas to list some baby girl names you LOVE! Hopefully I'll see something I can suggest to my husband. He wants something he doesn't know alot of people with that is unusal but not too unusal. If you happen to know the meanings that would be awsome too-otherwise I can look it up! I keep picking stuff out like Ciara and then I find out that it means "black." Which might would work for me if I was African American but doesn't feel right to name a blond haired blue eyed lil' girl-assuming she'll take after our first lil' girl who is blond haired and blue eyed.

So lets see those lists! Thanks Mamas!

Advertisement

aliyahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
aliyahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help me name my baby!

Here I am reading my own post realizing that Asia and Autumn don't exactly scream blond haired blue eyed baby either -funny huh! See what I mean- I'm so drawn to these names and I don't know why!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #3
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

I think Asia would go nice with Aliyah. How are you pronouncing Ciara? See-air-ah? or Kee-air-ah? I have a friend who named her daughter Sierra. I like these girl names alot: Ariana (are-ee-ah-nah), Adriana (ah-dree-ah-nah), I really love the name Azure and it means a pretty blue. So if she has big beautiful blue eyes, it will match! Normally I can come up with names really fast, I think I am trying to think of names that sort of match your daughter's name. Malina, Trinity, Serena, Selena, Lilyana, Lelainey.....let me know if you like any and I will brain storm some more!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr

Last edited by annes_cottage; 07-06-2006 at 05:39 PM.
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
annes_cottage

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliyahsmommy
Here I am reading my own post realizing that Asia and Autumn don't exactly scream blond haired blue eyed baby either -funny huh! See what I mean- I'm so drawn to these names and I don't know why!
No....but Summer Skye does!! lol

Skyla, Season, Shayla,
Faith, Hope, Angelina,
Hosanna.......JoHannah....something light and airy screams blonde hair blue-eyed, fair baby...lol

Last edited by annes_cottage; 07-06-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #5
aliyahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by annes_cottage
I think Asia would go nice with Aliyah. How are you pronouncing Ciara? See-air-ah? or Kee-air-ah? I have a friend who named her daughter Sierra. I like these girl names alot: Ariana (are-ee-ah-nah), Adriana (ah-dree-ah-nah), I really love the name Azure and it means a pretty blue. So if she has big beautiful blue eyes, it will match! Normally I can come up with names really fast, I think I am trying to think of names that sort of match your daughter's name. Malina, Trinity, Serena, Selena, Lilyana, Lelainey.....let me know if you like any and I will brain storm some more!
You must be alot like me -WOW-you just picked out a bunch of names that I have on "my" list that I like that my husband keeps saying no too. BUT...I loved Asia when I was pregnant with Aliyah and he kept saying NO. I must have asked him 10 times about Asia and he would keep on saying NO! Now he can't remember not liking it! It is on the top of his list! I LOVE LOVE Ariana (are-ee-ah-nah), Adriana (ah-dree-ah-nah)- I have a found that I do tend to prefer the sound of "A" girl names! And I knew there was a different way to spell Ciara that I liked better and it was Sierra. And yes that was how I wanted it pronounced. We were also thinking about Lilyana too because my great grandmother's name was Lillian. You are on the right track for me!!! Keep my post and if you think of some names anytime in the next 12 weeks let me know...lol
Old 07-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
annes_cottage

My Mood:

I just thought of Annicka or Annika.....it can be pronounced 2 ways...An-nick-ah or An-nee-kah.

Adrianna was what I was going to name my first son if he had been a girl. Adrianna Bianca.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:05 PM   #7
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi,
I dont think I will be much help with the whole naming your baby something that is definately a blond haired blue eyed baby name because I REALLY lean towards steriotipically African American and Hispanic names but I have to say that I agree with you and your DH 100% on naming your baby something unusual. I LOVE that!!. Some names I think are different and I like are--- Anjelita (Aan-Hey-Lee-Ta) lol sorry Im not very good with typing the pronunciation I'm kinda guessing how to do it. I also like this name because it means Heavenly messanger which I liked. Asha which means hope or wish. Ayanna which means beautiful flower. Ayasha which means little one. I also wanted to add that I really like the name Asia its very pretty and I like that its unusual.

Hope I helped..... You have to give us an update when you decide what to name the baby.... Good luck

Last edited by looking8186; 07-06-2006 at 10:09 PM.
looking8186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:50 AM   #8
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

heaven leigh (me and lauri both love this one lol) screams blonde hair blue eyed angel baby to me....
as for A name
Audacity (it's unusual but i'm sure the meaning is the same as the word so boo, but i think it's pretty lol)
Angel Azure would be pretty (brainstorming with ya here lauri lol)
Azure Skye
Zaida Jayde
Lily Angela (oooohhhh that just came to me and thats pretty lol)
Neveah (Ne Vey Ah) Skye or neveah leigh
i can't think of anymore right now...i'm getting jealous, i want a girl!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:51 AM   #9
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i meant to say angel looking baby.... sorry for using the term angel baby. i would've just edited but it won't let me for some reason.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #10
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

Here was my list when I was pregnant with Hazel, if it helps. Some where my choices and some dh's.

Bethany
Eden
Felicity
Scarlett
Violet
Jocelyn
Jordan
Molly
Ivy