Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2007, 04:51 AM   #11
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: chewable prenatal vitamins?

I am 21 weeks- and I've been taking childrens chewables too-- actually the gummies! lol-- i can't swallow pills bigger than a tylenol- I asked my Doc--she said it was fine to take the kids--just take 2! I took extra folic acid during the first tri-- but now i'm just taking those Gummie vitamins!

Advertisement

mms1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:21 AM   #12
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyCat View Post
No experience with that one, but (please don't laugh at or flame me!!)
I actually took Flintstone's chewables through my entire preganancy... I doubled up occassionally and sometimes took extra folate.

The only good vitamin is one that gets inside you, and these are the only ones that I would faithfully take because I like them.
Cathy

I wasn't able to swallow pills my whole preg and my OB told me to take chewable flinstones, taking 2 a day. it was hard, they still made me gag but at least I didn't vomit. I'm still taking them... ... although I had to take iron pills after his birth because I was anemic.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:18 AM   #13
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was prego with ds#1 I couldn't handle the reg. prenantal vitamins so I took 2 childrens chewables, then with dd I told my dr I was just going to take that instead and he said they have chewable prenatals, I don't know what brand they were but they were awful, I had to have a chaser after I took it. Usually milk. Now I just otc OneSource prenatals. They are a smaller pill like the size of Tylenol, and no problems.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #14
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ob with ds1 told me to take Flintstones complete (2 a day) and thats what I took when I couldnt take the prenatal ones...With ds2 they put me on a perscription that cost a fortune IMO ($25 for a 30day supply w/ insurance) and they were horrible, so I went back to the flintstones (2 aday) for like $6 a month alot cheaper and taste better
Old 08-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #15
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:

I take chewables, actually you can chew them or swallow them, whichever you choose. They taste super fruity, but there is a slight aftertaste. Prenatals always make me throw up, but these I have been able to tolerate.

I pay (with insurance) $57 for a 3 month supply. But if you have an understanding OB, they should be able to stock you up with samples for at least a month to see if you can tolerate them before you buy them Don't be afraid to ask, that is why they get the samples
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #16
ScrappyCat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am soooo glad I am not the only one doing children's vitamins! LOL!

I actually compared all of the amounts of vitamins and minerals in each of the prenatal vitamin samples that the Dr's office gave me. Flintstones actually beat them for the most vitamins and minerals and the most amount of each. So I figured I couldn't be going too wrong. I'm not sure about the absorbtion rates or anything, but still...
ScrappyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:58 AM   #17
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I took them last night, and they werent bad at all!! They disolved quickly as I was chewing them, so that helped, and I wasnt sick afterwards. The iron doesnt make me quite as sick as it did before, but ANY pills are very hard for me to swallow (im taking 2 other prescriptions right now), so 2 less pills to gag down, is helpful, lol.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:43 PM   #18
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I liked the chewable ones, they wrent totally horrible, but at the time I got them I wasnt able to keep anything down so they didnt taste that great coming back up, then when I moved my new ins didnt cover them oh well
Old 08-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #19
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyCat View Post
I am soooo glad I am not the only one doing children's vitamins! LOL!

I actually compared all of the amounts of vitamins and minerals in each of the prenatal vitamin samples that the Dr's office gave me. Flintstones actually beat them for the most vitamins and minerals and the most amount of each. So I figured I couldn't be going too wrong. I'm not sure about the absorbtion rates or anything, but still...
Lol , I started out with flinstones this time , but after a few weeks they tasted SO bad , I had been dealing with nausea and tons of food aversions and they started to taste like I was eating rocks ( which is what they are basically lol ) so I had to stop and get some regular ones at wal-mart , now if I can only remember to take them .

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:40 PM   #20
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took the flinstones this time around because the regular prenatal pills made me ralph !!