Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #11
Axanthia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Experienced cloth mamas what would you recomend...

if she is lucky she can find a couple of very very cheap wool covers or knit soakers to use with prefolds... that would be best as she only has to wash the prefolds not the covers too. And wool covers will stretch a bit and last longer on the baby before they outgrow it too much. And if you get one for the toddler, you already have it for the younger one later

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2007, 12:13 AM   #12
zosiasmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved prefolds and covers for a newborn so easy and you change them so often so it makes no sense to have anything pretty. It is cheap too! As for the toddler, I would tell her to hop on here ASAP, get herself familiar with it and start to buy used on FSOT. Go to the FSOT categories and type in $5PPD and you will find a ton of fitteds and others very cheap. And as long as you have a good cover the fitted doesn't have to be prefect. Her money will go so much farther that way. And as she saves money over the following months she can start to pick up other stuff, like a few pockets or AIO's. HTH, Danni

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #13
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the ideas ladies. How many pfs or fitteds and covers do you think she'll need and what sizes? I think this is where I get the most confused cause she'll be diapering 2 babes. I am thinking of suggesting that she register somewhere online for her bG or other pockets. Anyone know of a good site to register on?
Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 AM   #14
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if you get the one size bumgenius she can use them on both kids at the same time. it would be less money. I'd recommend that.
sometimes prefolds just don't work for families and personally if I would have been stuck with only that option I would never had cloth diapered for long.