Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
kandksmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
AAAAHHHHH!!! I'm about to change my mind....

I'm new at CDing....just started about 3 days ago. Today's experience with cloth poopy diapers has almost made me change my mind about CDing altogether !! My son pooped, count them, 4 times today (normally only once a day)! And, it wasn't that poop that stinks up the whole room. It was that kind that smells a little sour, but you can't really smell it unless you actually get close to their diaper. So, twice today, who knows how long he sat with poop in his diaper! When I finally changed him, it was EVERYWHERE, and ground down into the cloth... !!! I seriously considered just tossing that BG 2.0 OS into the trash can. So, please help....I can't just toss poopy diaper and all into the washing machine (I already have serious issues with washing poopy diapers in the same machine I was my towels/dish rags/dish towels in, kwim ). I washed them out in the bathroom sink the best I could, but I can't do that every time! Who has time for that?! So, anyway, I guess I just need some encouragement/advice/cheerleading from all you veteran CDers out there before I lose my mind !

Advertisement

kandksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
maine5mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AAAAHHHHH!!! I'm about to change my mind....

Mama that is not fun at all!

We have had really good luck with using the Imse Vimse flushable liners. The ones I have are really big, so I cut them in half and then put the liner towards the rear of the diaper. Then when DS goes, it's on the liner and I flush it all. I have also tried fleece liners too and those work about the same, just shake the poop into the toilet and wash the fleece liner with the rest of your dipes. Hope this helps!!!
maine5mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
ailurus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just toss mine in the washer (shake off anything I can first in the toilet) and then do a full cold cycle and then a HOT cycle w/detergent. The way I see it it's just like washing poopy clothing. The hot cyle will clean out your machine. If you are really worried about fill your machine after and toss in a bit of bleach to sanitize.
ailurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #4
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You might want to get a diaper sprayer to spray off the diapers into the toilet. I STILL do not have one, but I'm going mu FIL to put one in this weekend. I can't take the washing the diaper in the toilet routine. And honestly, I'd much rather have poop in my washing machine than in my sink. That's where I brush my teeth...
Old 08-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #5
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

Disposable liners are the way to go!!! I use one with every diaper and it makes cleaning up poopy dipes sooooo much easier!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
emcap
Registered Users

My Mood:

another vote for imse vimse flushable liners! before my toddler was potty trained and i was all sick and preggo, they are the only thing that saved me!
emcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #7
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

Liners and/or a sprayer! My washer is very old and isn't able to rinse the poop off, so I used to always spray the poop off. Now that he's a toddler and his poop is I use a liner with every diaper change just to be safe. you can wash the ones that have only been peed on and reuse them. If it wasn't for those two things I probably would have given up on CDing

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #8
talitha
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my diaper sprayer. Yes it gets gross sometimes, spraying off poopy dipes, but it gets the dipes much cleaner that way.

I had the same problem at first, because the cloth dipes hold the smell in so well. With sposies, I could smell it a mile away! Now that my DS is older, I can always tell when he poops because of all the funny faces, and grunting.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #9
Mommyof2boys
Banned
seller

I was like that in the beginning...still am to some degree...but trust me, after you have to wash out poopy undies while potty training, baby poo is nothing compared to the toddler!

I second disposable liners, and if you are still squemish about the washer, run a bleach water cycle after the dipes...totally disinfects!
Mommyof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:39 PM   #10
oscarandbabys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well, i cant see spending $30 on a sprayer id rather spend that on cool dipes

so what we do is get a disposable knife and just scrape off the poopy that doesn just roll off. SUPER easy and not too gross at all and its cheap!!!!!
oscarandbabys is offline   Reply With Quote