Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #81
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Natural deodorant that actually works, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeej View Post
I will second the Funk Butter.
I will 3rd the Funk Butter, I learned about it on this thread, I have ben using it for a little more than 2 weeks and I NEED deoderant, and it works so well, I am so excited about this. I don't even apply it everyday, ever other day when I shower. Yep it's that good.

Advertisement

240/2014
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:35 AM   #82
TexasMama2B
Registered Users
seller

I use the Thai crystal stick, the one where you have to wet the rock and rub it on. It is made from mineral salt which kills the bacteria-causing odor... I like it alot. Like PP said, it works as long as you shower daily. Baking soda also works really nicely in a pinch, if you just get a damp cloth, dip it in the baking soda and pat it on.
One that did NOT work for me is the Jason Aloe Vera deodorant. It is basically just like perfume for your armpits and isn't strong enough to cover the odor. It doesn't have anything in it to prevent odor, as far as I know. But if you are someone who wants nice-smelling pits and not just stink-free pits, you could use the Crystal and then put the Jason over it to add a nice scent.

DD Julia Wren 6/29/07
TexasMama2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:52 AM   #83
Nebula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersrose View Post
This is SUCH a cool post! I'm especially excited about trying baking soda and funk butter. Does anyone have a dh who uses baking soda? How does he get it through all that thick hair? I'd love for my hsband to try this with me, but I can't think of a good way for him to apply.
My DH uses baking soda right along with me. He says it's the best thing he's ever used, and if my super-sensitive pregnancy nose can't smell any BO from him, he's right. He just tips a little right from the box into his hand and dusts his pits, which is what I do. What he's learned is it doesn't have to all get on the skin. If some is on the skin and some is in the pit hair, it's fine. It'll work all the same. And like someone said earlier, shaved pit or no, less really is more with baking soda. Just a pinch for each pit does it.

I'll need to try that brush idea from one of the pp's. That sounds girly and pampering.

ETA: Totally TMI, but I thought I'd mention this while on the subject of DH, baking soda, and hygiene...if you can get him to regularly wash "down there" with a tablespoon of baking soda dissolved in a cup of warm water, instead of soaps and body washes, that musky male scent many of us don't like will be gone, and it can be great for the sex life AND the sexual health of both him and you, since it controls bacteria and yeast...I wash myself the same way and it has similar benefits for women.

Last edited by Nebula; 12-20-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #84
jadekat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinawc View Post
I have the same problem, mama! The natural just does not work for me and I've tried them all. I finally switched to Mitchum - not natural, but b/c it's made by Revlon, it's at least not animal tested. That's the most important thing to me!
I haven't tried natural but I have to 2nd Mitchum. I sweat so much when I'm preggo or nursing that this is the only stuff that works.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:36 PM   #85
krpdreams
Banned

I used to use just baby powder or nothing at all. I didn't have problems w/ it until recently. I found the crystal stick and have been using it for a week and love it. I'm not a big sweater in the first place, and defintly not when it's freezing outside but I haven't had any problems w/ it. The first time though I didn't read the directions and couldn't figur eout why it was so darn hard to get it to apply. Then I realized I had to wet it first so now I have no problems applying or using it. I'm so excited it lasts forever too so it was defintly well worth the $4 for me.
krpdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #86
mamjo777
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenibutterfly View Post

once you switch to the crystal you have to use it everyday and be patient. It can take up to a year to clean out those pores that have been clogged with bacteria and commercial deoderant chemicals...

Pea
So, what do you do in the meantime? I don't want to smell for a year waiting for the pores to clean themselves out!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #87
Cheryl33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so glad I found this thread! I am currently using tom's of maine, it's the best I have found so far. Crystal brand, nature's gate didn't work for me. I ordered the funk butter and can't wait. thanks ladies!!

NAK
Cheryl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #88
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bought Aroma Creme by Lush...they're all natural and don't test on animals...I can send you a small sample FFS if you're interested.

http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/2170?expand=Closeup
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #89
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was an avid baking soda fan, until I tried the crystal stick SPRAY. Honestly, it works REALLY well for me. Dh is using burts bees spray deoderant, and it's working really well for him. Even says it keeps him dry. (and it smells good)

I will probably switch back & forth between baking soda at some point, but the spray is just so easy and mess free.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #90
mindycat72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatumsmom View Post
I love the crystal. It works awesome for me and it last forever.
mindycat72 is offline   Reply With Quote