Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #11
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: WIC and vaxing??

i have to say that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. They really wont give you alot of WIC because you delay or dont Vax? wow. I didnt have that prob as we vax at the time i got wic, but thats silly- can they legally do that?

jen

Advertisement

Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #12
alexandme
Registered Users

Depending on the state/county, they may give you a really hard time about it unfortunately. I'd bring the doctor's note just to be prepared.

We were on WIC w/ our first child and I complained repeatedly about the vaccination posters that were in the waiting room. They had large and really graphic pictures of babies and children (obviously in 3rd world countries) suffering for the worst of the worst of all these diseases to try and convince you to vaccinate and as my son got older the pictures were very upsetting to him, he kept asking what was wrong with all the babies...
Old 08-14-2007, 06:36 AM   #13
MrsTorres
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here they ask for the vax records and I tell them we're not vaxing. I have to go in next month and they're going to ask for it again (first time she was a month old) and Im going to have my signed waivers in the bag and flat out tell them we do not vax and nothing they do will change my mind.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #14
De-lovely
Registered
seller

My Mood:

We have been on WIC over three years and have always just responded in saying we do not vaccinate and they have never asked for anything. I dont believe it would be legal in ANY state to refuse you benefits due to vax status. YOu woudl have to research specific to your state. Bring a written waiver if it makes you feel better to provide them with something for your file. Good luck!
Niki: single, divorced, missin' CD's, no vax, no circ, wish I coulda homeschooled, sneaker obsessed, poet, avid reading, meditating, sometimes knitting, music junkie, film enthusiast WOHmama to Emma 11/28/03, Elena 11/28/04, Quinn 4/22/06 and Cora 10/26/07...
De-lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:13 AM   #15
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, vaxing is NOT a requirement for WIC anywhere. It says that on their site somewhere. In a different thread not too long ago somebody posted a link to it, you might be able to find it in a search.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:51 AM   #16
amjbmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
No, vaxing is NOT a requirement for WIC anywhere. It says that on their site somewhere. In a different thread not too long ago somebody posted a link to it, you might be able to find it in a search.
I had a link saved in my favorites but I think I deleted it..... we don't vax and have NO problem with WIC, sure they try to talk to me like I'm stupid but I've done WAY MORE research on the subject then they'll ever do and I'M the parent! I get my 3 month check supply at the same time too not only 1 month like a pp said.... I actually don't think that's legal.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #17
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

Oklahoma has all the vaccines for children in their system. We selective/delay vax's and when we had WIC they would just pull their name off and tell us we needed to get them the missing vax's...including the CP which they have had the illness. I learned to just brush them off, nod my head and agree...and they have never taken my kids off with out me. No-one would have the chance to deceive me like that and give them their vax's.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 AM   #18
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They didn't ask me to bring it at any of his wic appointments. The only thing they've ever asked for was proof of income, residence, and medicaid eligibility (medicaid card) but he's no longer on medicaid so I might get booted out of the system I don't know.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #19
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

They cannot base your WIC benefits/acceptance on immunization status.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/benefits...munization.HTM

"Immunization records and/or an infant/child’s immunization status are in no way tied to the receipt of WIC benefits."
Old 08-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #20
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy6703 View Post
They didn't ask me to bring it at any of his wic appointments. The only thing they've ever asked for was proof of income, residence, and medicaid eligibility (medicaid card) but he's no longer on medicaid so I might get booted out of the system I don't know.
You should not get booted out of the system for this. We do not qualify for state medical and we are still in WIC...they just want the card if you are in it that is all.
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote