View Poll Results: What size bed do you have?
Full 16 7.41%
Queen 115 53.24%
King 59 27.31%
Other 8 3.70%
We do not co sleep 18 8.33%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:49 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Sleep Sharing questions

So dd is 7 months. She slept great in her crib up until 4 or so months, and then just flat out refused. I am inpartial to co sleeping, I like it and dont mind that she sleeps with us, DH would rather she didnt, but since I do all the nightime feeding (obviously since I BF) I have the upperhand on the matter. However now that she is older and larger (was 21lbs at 6 mo. check up) She is making it very snug in our queen sized bed. There is a good chance we will be moving *fingers crossed* I was just wondering if most of the fams that co sleep have a king sized bed? When we were on vaccation we had a king sized bed and it was SO wonderful. I want to get a king sized bed if we move... I was just wondering if this was unrealistic of if lots of co sleepers have big beds. tia ladies

Mama to Bailey Autumn (1-1-07) and Asher Jameson (9-22-09)
Wife to Don Andrew
My mom died over a year ago, but I still miss her every day
EricaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:22 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Sleep Sharing questions

We have aqueen size and I wish it was a king. When our DD was smaller it wasnt a big deal but now that she is nearly 3 years old it is very tight and I dont think my DH or I get a very good nights sleep with her in the bed with us. After she falls asleep I have been trying to move her over to her toddler bed and soon I am going to put a single bed in her room so I can lay in there with her until she falls asleep and then I can leave. If you can get a king size bed, I would do it
Sherry- wife to Andrew SAHM to Mia (9-10-04) and Andy (12-29-05) and part time nursing school student (aspiring lactation consultant).On the wagon and proud of it, havent bought anything since June.
sherbear178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:32 AM   #3
Bot Girl
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have a queen size, and only co-sleep part time (ie. if there's a thunderstorm, DD is sick, or just wakes up in the middle of the night wanting Mama, I'll bring her in bed w/ me).

It's just me, DD, and my cat in the bed... but somehow I always seem to be teetering on the edge w/ one foot on the floor, and one arm hanging down I can't figure out how a little baby and a cat take up the WHOLE queen size bed.
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:45 AM   #4
My Mood:

DS, me and DH sleep in a full size bed. Its a squeeze, but i wouldnt trade it. Now how well fit us plus a baby, im not sure, but well manage.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:47 AM   #5
Registered Users

We have a California King.
When my oldest was born we coslept in a full-size bed. That was a squeeze!! When my second was born, we had a big bed but with two little monkeys in the bed it still got crowded.
Betsy ~ official boo-boo kisser for my three kiddos and snuggly wife to my sweet soldier Aaron.
Addicted to Goodmamas and always on the lookout for yummy wool!
Ask me about my IHA/ISO
Check out the ole FSOT
MamaBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I voted other because we have a queen and a twin, pushed up against each other. Oh yea, and we co-sleep with a 3 year old (part time) and a 1 year old, and I'm pregnant. :lol
starry_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:12 AM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:

we have a king at home. when we visit my mother we sleep in a queen and just recently we went to visit dh's sister and slept in a full. i love the king the best but i can't be anywhere near my dh when i sleep. to think we used to sleep on a twin when we first got together!
moobiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:13 AM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

We've done co-sleeping with all our children. The oldest didn't start until she was around 5 months old or something. I would nurse her in the rocking chair and then put her back in her crib. Around that age, at 3am she wanted to play and I was dead to the world. The only way to get her back to sleep so I could sleep was to put her between us in the bed. After that I decided if she could sleep while nursing, so could I...and she didn't move out of our bed until she was 2 yo.

DH built a co-sleeper for baby #2, and it was also used by baby #3. They both were in that and also pulled into our bed, again both until they were 2 yo. Actually, my baby just turned 2. She starts off in her bed and comes into ours if she wakes during the night. However, she didn't even get into a crib until after she was 1 yo. Her bed was our bed.

We've always had a queen size bed, but not by choice. We have small bedrooms and a king size bed won't fit.
Tabitha - Christian, homeschooling (2nd, 4-5th and 8th grades), mama!
My Etsy, Three Eves Boutique. Offering LTK knits, spinning fiber & more. Open for customs.
Two Of A Kind Knits Tab and Jodi - joint licensed LTKnitters!
3girlymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #9
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
My Mood:

When it was just my ds and I we coslept in a twin ~ a squeeze but it worked. Then when he got to be about 2 years old I upgraded to a full and that was better. Then I moved in with dh and we got a queen and shortly after ds decided to sleep in his own bed. When I got preggers with dd#1 we got a King and that rocks. Older dd stopped co sleeping the summer before dd#2 arrived so thankfully it's only ever been 1 child in our bed at a time. Right now we have so much room becuase it's just dd#2 with us in the bed and she's only 18lbs at nearly 1 year old.
Dawn, proud mama to Finn (11/23/10), Sully (2), Lilly J (4) Madison (8) and Alex (15). Head over heels in love with my hubby Jim
GrowingUpMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:33 AM   #10
Registered Users
My Mood:

We co-s;ept on a queen sized with no problems here, and will again temporarliy this time as well. We slept on a full size for forever and a queen is more then enough for us!
Happily married mom of 2, Lela born 06/25/06 and Sidney born 09/22/07 at a whopping 10lbs 15oz! (a naturale)
breastfeeding, cloth diapering mum.
skullmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote