View Poll Results: What size bed do you have?
Full 16 7.41%
Queen 115 53.24%
King 59 27.31%
Other 8 3.70%
We do not co sleep 18 8.33%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #21
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleep Sharing questions

We have a king size. And while we no longer co-sleep (quit when DD was 7 months) I CANNOT imagine having done it in a smaller bed! Between baby needing space to keep covers and pillows away, and each adult giving a wide birth...I think I would have been hanging off on a queen size.

But, that having been said, my husband is a pretty big guy. About 6'1 and 230 pounds...so he needs some space of his own. He is also a roller at night, and typically he ends up in the middle overlapping onto my side, and I get the far edge (lol).

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #22
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

I have a twin size bed but I usually sleep on the couch
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:49 AM   #23
olddaisy
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have a full size bed, DD is almost 7 months old, but she is a cuddler and so am I and DH. So it works great for us most of the time. She did have a few restless nights, but I'm still bf and she likes to eat at night every 3 hours, so it's perfect.
olddaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:58 AM   #24
mommasgonequilting
Registered Users

We don't co sleep as we both like our space in the bed but at times one or both of our children have joined us in the king size bed for anywhere from 15 minutes to all night (very rare).

Selling my KAM snap press on Ebay

Items for sale on auctionsft

Auctionsft is now allowing free listings until the end of the year.
mommasgonequilting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #25
Rachaelbee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I voted other, we have a king size, but the kids don't sleep with us regularly. baby's bassinet is right next to my side of the bed, and the older kids will jump in bed with us every now and then.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #26
purplesue
Registered Users

We got a king size bed when I was pregnant - which was good due to all the pillows I ended up needing. We have a small 9 month old (17 lbs) and probably don't need all the space now, but we plan to cosleep for a while. We tried it in a full on vacation once and both DH and I felt we were either going to roll on DD or fall off the edge!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #27
worldwarcaitlin
Registered
seller

I slept in a twin size bed with Vee for the first 15 months. Recently I got a queen size matress We have very recently quit cosleeping, however.

FYI, I'm a single mom.

yellow spider, yellow leaf. confirms my deepest held belief.
worldwarcaitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:15 AM   #28
momto3Es
Registered Users
Formerly: momto2Es
seller

My Mood:

We have a queen. We cosleep with our 3 year old, and it's a tight fit, especially since DH & I aren't what you'd call small people. Evie refuses to cosleep and has been sleeping on her own since birth.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #29
Monzie
Registered Users

We're not co-sleeping yet, but we're trying to prepare ourselves for it! We only have a queen-sized bed and some nights its a struggle for just the two of us to share (my husband is 6'4" and a total bed-hog). I'd love to upgrade to a King, but there just isn't enough room for a bed that large in our 1930's vintage house. So, we compromised and bought an Arms Reach "mini" cosleeper. I'm going to put the nightstand in storage for a few months and have the cosleeper next to my head on my side of the bed. Once the kiddo has outgrown the cosleeper, though, we're gonna have to move him/her to the crib in the nursery across the hall. I'm kinda dreading that transition, but I've decided not to worry about it too much right now. I need to take these problems as they come rather than anticipating them months in advance.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #30
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

RIght now we have a queen, but after taxes and after DH returns from deployment we are SOOOOO getting a King.
We slept in a King in a Comfort Inn a few eeks ago and it was SOO nice. DH and I both had plenty of room and DD could sprawl out and she actually slept !