Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Sleep Issues

We are having horrible sleep issues. Dd2 is 8 months and will not sleep anywhere but on me and does not stay asleep longer than an hour and a half. She wakes all night to nurse. I co-sleep and breastfeed her but it is getting to be too much. I did try letting her cry one night in the bed where she cried for two hours My dh is getting ready to deploy to Iraq and I cannot be here with the two kids alone no sleep, homeschooling. I need to know the best fastest way to get her to sleep on her own atleast 4 hour stretches. I am totaly touched out and sleep deprived I am snapping and smacking my older dd and I normally gentle discipline. I really wavered on posting this because I know all the benefits of AP parenting/cosleeping/babywearing and do all of them but it is too much atm. I would love a gentle way to get dd2 to sleep in her crib but if CIO is the only way so be it.

SAHM to dd 9/03 dd2 11/06 ds edd 4/29
zoeh2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Sleep Issues

I'm sorry Momma! It sounds like you are having a hard time and have a lot on your plate. I send you hugs from another cosleeping mom of a eight month old. I don't have any quick advice for you, but wanted to support you in figuring out how to get more sleep. You are right, you can't be the mom you want to be if you aren't getting what you need. Cosleeping only works if it works for you, too.
Susan, Mom since November 2006
purplesue is offline   Reply With Quote