Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:06 AM   #21
BarbieAnn79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else have a skinny LO?

ALL My kids are on the slim side!
DS is 7 1/2 and 43 lbs... all his pants have to have an adjustable waist or belted! he can get away with sz 4-5 in shorts!
DD is almost 6 and she is 40 lbs... she is in the 65% for height too.. only 2 inches shorter than DS.. she is in a sz 6 but has a baggy butt all the time and has to waer a lot of belts!
DD is 4 1/2 and 29 lbs.. she is in 2T and some 3t now.. she is super short !( below the 3rd % for her height) and in the 5th% for weight (finally!) but she was a 28 weeker,, so she has always been TINY..
youngest DD, is almost 22 mos, and is 18 lbs.... and 27 3/4 in... she can wear between 6-9 and 6-12/9-12 and even some 3-6 still ... and few pr. of 0-3 month baby GAP shorts still fit just fine!she is still wearing 0-6 mo soft shoes and sz small is cloth dipes!
her head is the only thing on the growth charts... it is in the 10% everything else is below the 3rd (as in, not even on a curve!)

she was a 27 weeker and she started out at 1 lb 11 oz , so i never expected her to be a GIANT, but ppl still think she is 8 months old.. when I tell them her birthday is just around the corner they assume i mean her FIRST birthday, not her 2nd !
So yes.. I know how it is with pants not staying up... sometimes Kirsten crawls across the room and just leaves her pants behind! we put wool and a fitted under her pants and that seems to help a lil!

Advertisement

Last edited by BarbieAnn79; 08-15-2007 at 12:07 AM. Reason: typo
BarbieAnn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:37 AM   #22
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ds is looooong and skinny. At 4 mos he was 27.5in long (off the chart) and 14.5lbs (50%) so he's all skinny long arms and long chicken legs. You can see his ribs, too. People have asked me about whether I feed him or not . WTH! I was long and skinny too as a baby (hospitalized a couple of times with Failure to Thrive) so he gets it honest.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:10 AM   #23
demonicangel
Registered Users

I have two small girls.

Dd1 is nearly 4 and a half and weighs between 30 and 34lb (depending on scales) and dd2 is nealry 16 months and is just about 19lb.

I live in the UK so if I say nappy instead of diaper, then forgive me! I should be on the wagon, but we all know that wont happen!!
demonicangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #24
bundeleh
Registered Users
seller

My DD is 22 months and still less than 25 lbs. She's perfectly healthy ... her appetite is fine ... she's just our "skinnie minnie."

She's got two teeny tiny fatty pockets on her upper thighs, her only little "purses" as my friend calls them.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #25
ce&E
Registered Users

My ds is a skinny mini too! We just came back from a wedding where the 11 month old flower girl was wearing larger sized clothes for him and I had to pin all of his shorts because they were falling off of his little bum because we were using disposables!! Everytime we goto a md appoinment we hope that he is "on the chart for weight" but he's always about 50% for height. He eats non stop and his dad is super skinny and eats everything under the sun, so I know he is healthy and just lucky to have inherited his father's metabolism!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #26
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ad.php?t=59206
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:23 PM   #27
wombfruit
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundeleh View Post
My DD is 22 months and still less than 25 lbs. She's perfectly healthy ... her appetite is fine ... she's just our "skinnie minnie."
Same here! Most of my DD's friends are younger boys, some girls (17-19 mos) and she will be 2 on Oct 6 and they're all bigger than her! She wears some 6-9 mos clothes still, but mostly 12 mos. Sometimes we can put an 18-mos shirt on her, but anything 18 mos or over for bottoms fall right off (even with cloth dipes!) I try to be encouraged by it because people are usually impressed with how well she talks (because they think she's younger than she is!!)

We're in the 5th % of her weight...at 21 lbs for 2 yrs old. Didn't turn her carseat around front-facing until about 19 months old, but another good thing was she enjoyed it much more

So these are just some ways to reframe people's comments/thoughts on our small babes I love that she's so light and still small enough to cuddle with!
Rachel....Justin (10 years) Cherish (7) Cadence Joy (4) #3 (in heaven)
TTC again
wombfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #28
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My oldest. He just turned 6 and weighs 35lbs, which he has weighed for over a year now. He is just little. I was just looking at some of his baby stuff and he weighed 24lbs at 2yrs. My youngest was over that at 1yr. Kearnan has been off the bottom of the charts for a long time now. He's just like that. He does get alot of wear out of his clothes. He's still in 4T shorts right now. The problem is in the winter he has really long legs so he needs long pants, but they all fall off his tiny little waist. He's actually been eating better lately. He used to look like one of the starving kids on TV, he's looking better these days. Maybe he'll grow a little finally. I was really tiny when I was younger too. I didn't take off finally until around 5 or 6, so hopefully that is what he is going to do. As for my big boy, well he is in 2/3T already at 20months. If Kearnan doesnt' start growing soon his baby brother will be handing clothes down to him.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #29
tadbhoward
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My just turned 5 year old is 30lbs with clothes and shoes on. She's in the -2 percentile. She was 8lbs 4oz at birth but is just skinny. She grew into 6-12 months clothes at 1 year and grew out of them at 2 She still wears some 2t but mostly 3 and 4 because of her height. She's 40 inches. No one comments now but everyone gave me a hard time when she was a baby. The worst was the nurses at the Ped's office. Always insinuating that I starved her to death. She's eats slightly less than me!!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #30
tadbhoward
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
If Kearnan doesnt' start growing soon his baby brother will be handing clothes down to him.
Yeah, my 2 yo and 5yo share clothes and my 4 month old is 15lbs which is how much they both weighed when they were 1, so I guess soon they will be wearing her clothes.