Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: every two weeks starting at 21 weeks !!!!

i have heard that some drs consider you high risk if you don't have prenatal care in the first trimester, maybe that has to do with it combined with being csection #6? i dont know really, that sure is alot of apts!

Alysia, mommy to Mark, 5-18-04, Blake, 1-10-06 and due with our first girlie on Sept 2, 2007
2N_MyArms_1N_TheOven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #12
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
My Mood:

I think it's for insurance billing. Do you have insurance or are you paying out of pocket? Either way they do it by "package" so the whole pregnancy is a package deal and they usually won't break it down any other way. So he has to see you every two weeks if he wants to do things "right" by the package. It sounds like that to me and frankly I'd personally refuse... that is ridiculous!
Wife to Erik, Mommy to Bailey (10.29.04) Tyler (02.27.06) and Ryan (03.07.08)
Lucky Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

yikes...that seems like a bit much if you are feeling/doing ok. I mean what is he checking at this appts? If it's just weight and blood pressure....i would think it's an insurance thing. My midwife doesn't want to see me every 2 weeks until like 32 or 32 weeks. Now i am nervous if that is normal...ha ha. Good luck!!!
Rachael...wife to Mike 10/22/05, furmom to Swiffer 12/31/05,
and SAHM to Loralei 12/12/07 & Michael HB 10/4/10
Kathleen HB 3/2/13

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

IDK about the every 2 weeks thing, but I know you can measure big depending on baby's position and amount of fluid, etc, so it is normal to measure up to 2 weeks over/under your gestation period and you are only 1 over that. There are a lot of factors that can make you measure big on visit and not the next. . . HTHs
Christina, Jesus-loving, happily married wifey to E and mommy to 4 in my arms and 2 in Jesus' arms
I can knit or crochet anything. I'm a one woman knit and knot shop Check out my DS FSOT thread and my blog if you'd like to see pics of my past creations.
munchkinflame13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have been seeing my ob since about 20 weeks every other week, but not because it was scheduled, every other week or so SOMETHING comes up that I have to call, and they always make me go in. Hugs, I bet this doc just wants to make sure that your c-section scars don't hinder the pregnancy and in case you have a question during the month you know you will be going in twice. or was your weight out of wack from "normal" for you? Could be lots of things, call and ask.
Michelle WAHM to
Dalton 7/99, Hayden 3/02, Tyler 9/03, Kaitlin 10/07
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote