Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:33 PM   #11
bohlander04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What about your other kids ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsymama View Post
I would be doing a birthing center but there aren't any here
I kwym Mama. I'll be going to St Francis with this one. They don't even have birthing tubs. I guess IL doesn't have the good stuff, lol.

Advertisement

Check out my new online store!
http://www.waddlewear.net/
bohlander04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #12
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlander04 View Post
I kwym Mama. I'll be going to St Francis with this one. They don't even have birthing tubs. I guess IL doesn't have the good stuff, lol.
Ya for now it will be St Francis cause that's what our insurance covers the most , but maybe methodist if we end up getting this medical card too , then between both we would have it covered , man I need to get my butt going and get tours soon , I hear St Francis isn't very natural friendly .

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #13
alexandme
Registered Users

We have NO family here. They are 7 and 8 hours away. My son is 3 also and is very sensitive so even if we would have been able to have our homebirth we would have wanted to find an alternative for him.

As of right now we have two other families "on call". I will feel bad if it's the middle of the night because they have small children too but what can you do? The one friends of ours, the husband is self employed and can be a little flexible so if it's the middle of the night I think we'll call them and one of them can come to our house so Alex doesn't have to get out of bed, then we'll call my mom right away so she'll be here w/in 8 hours or so.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:48 AM   #14
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

we havent 100% figured it out yet.

DS will go to his dads no matter what. i mean if i have him when i go into labor. Hell stay there until i get home and feel up to showing him his new sibling (matters on how i feel and etc)

DD, well we havent a clue. DHs family are not family to her and my family well, candice will not go to them. My mom will be at the hospital with me. SOO.... TBA but as of right now-- Candice will come to hospital with us during the day and my moms at night until i get discharged.

jen
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #15
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank God my friend was stationed here last yr otherwise we would have noone....my friend will keep ds (if my parents don't make it down) while dh is at the hospital with me, and if he has to go to work or school, otherwise dh will proabably have ds with him.
My friend that will help with ds will have her 4 kids also (twins that are ds age, and 2 older ones in school/gymnastics,etc) so she will have her hands full, hopefully her dh is home during that time and not flying or gone, that will help her.

Last edited by LuAnn; 08-15-2007 at 09:18 AM.
LuAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #16
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsymama View Post
For those who have other kids , what arrangements have you made for them for when you have the baby ? Home birthers you don't count , just kidding you can pipe in if you want . For me this issue SUCKS , my family lives down in TX , and even though my mom and dad are going to try and be here when I have the baby they will be with me at the hospital so I still need someone to watch our lil boy . Now I like hubbies family BUT almost all of his dad's side smokes not what I want him around , plus I don't want him coming back to me saying some new words that a 3 year old should not be saying ! Now his moms side ( they are split ) is allot better , no smokers and not really any bad words flying around , BUT his mom is about to be remarried to a very nice guy that I just don't know well enough , I mean she knows him but hubby really only knows him as well as I do which isn't much at all so I am just not sure about him staying over there plus she just doesn't seem to be very maternal , very nice just not a born mom I guess . Now his moms mom is who usually watches him , she is nice and I trust her and all but she is a bit older (60's early 70's ?) and I'm sure it's a lil hard for her to keep up with a 3 year old sometimes and with a NONE toddler friendly house , lots of glass pretties around , so overnight may be a bit much for her ya know ? I just don't know what to do I mean I have till Jan to figure something out but I am just not a leave my kid with just anyone kind of mom , I have only ever left him with my parents or hubbies grandma and so far those are the only ones in my comfort zone . The best thing I can think of is to have his mom and her fella watch him during the day and drop him off at her moms for the night , but what if we go into labor at night ? We live in the same town as the hospital but not as his grandma so we would have to drive away from the hospital to her house then back to the hospital lol , I just don't know , another reason a home birth would be so much easier lol .
I have 3 kiddos this tiem around. I have 3 friends that I have "lined" up to take them, and a 4th on the hospital side (hr from my home) if I need her.
One couple does foster care, and is closest, one couple has 4 of their own, and one couple has 2 of their own, but they all know I do not want my mil to come visit me for a week before baby comes! And any of them woudl be willing to take them in the middle of the night. We had to drive past the hospital to drop off the kiddos with the 3rd kiddo, but thankfully i was being induced because the labor was 2 hours and that hospital was 2hr 10 minutes from my home!
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #17
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think if you have a doula, and your dh is not totally involved during birth, then you should be able to have ds there with you. Also, you could hire a doula for your son. Talk to your doula about it, often doulas who are still training or just starting out will doula for kids for real cheap or even free! That way if your ds gets overwhelmed you won't have to decide who gets to leave the room with him (dh or doula).

I wish I lived a little closer, I'd come help you out in a heartbeat.

AFA what we've done - the boys were all born in the hospital. When we had Kieran, we had my ILs watch him at our house (it's MUCH easier to have someone come to your house so that you don't have to worry about driving around dropping off and what not while you're in labor ), which was great since I really didn't want to end up with my MIL in the room when I was giving birth again. With Torrin, my mom came and stayed with the older two (at 3am) and had planned on joining us once my dad would come and take over but for some reason he didn't thing 'anything would happen that soon' (I have fast labors) and she missed it. Eliana was born at home and my mom came as a support person for our boys.

This birth will be a little trickier, since we are new to the area and don't know anyone that well. However, we do have some friends that J knows from work that we've hit it off well with. They're a young couple and our kids adore them and they don't have kids of their own (simplifies things ), so we're planning on calling them to come be support for the kids when the baby is born. My parents now live about 3hrs away, so it's not likely they'd make it in time.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #18
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

When I had my second baby my MIL came over tot he house when I was geting ready to go to the hospital and stayed w/ a then sleeping DD. She got her up and dressed and brought her to the hospital, arriving just as baby did! DD came in and met her new sister, we hung out durring the day and that afternoon DH took DD home and mIL helped him get her ready for bed and asleep. The next day MIL came over in the AM and kept DD while DH went to work (yes, the NEXT DAY) adn then came to get me and baby from the hospital. MIL came one last day to help me w/ the girls while I was getting settled in, and then by day 3 I was on my own! It worked out fine, I had no problems at all and DH works here on our farm, so he could come home if I really needed him.

This time we are not sure what we will be doing. A lot of it depends on when I go into labor and who is available. Last time it was durring the early morning and DD was still asleep, so mIL came over. If she is at work, it may be better for us to take them to my moms instead this time. Or if something happens and they want to induce I amnot sure who will keep them. Last time my mom was nursing my grandma back to health and couldn't really do anything b/c of that, she only came for the birth and an hour or so the next day b/c she couldn't leave grandma more than an hour or so. I also have grandparents, a brother and SIL (who are due about the same time I am), and other friends who could keep the kids on short notice until someone else could get them. Durring labor I mainly want my DH there, so everyone else is a potential baby-sitter! I have had lots of people offer to help, so just ask around! We also preferred DD to sleep at home to keep up our routine last time (she was only 21 months) but this time I am okay w/ the girls both staying the night w/ someone (they will be almost 3 and 4 3/4ths).
Old 08-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

My kids are 7 and 2 1/2(7 1/2 and 3 when the baby comes). I am giving birth at a birth center attached to our hospital. When I leave for the hospital I'm having my MIL take the kids and take them to lunch in the city(where I'll deliver) and maybe the children's museum down the street. I want them there for the birth(at least my oldest) because I know they'd love that but I know that it can get intense for them so I want MIL to be there just for them. We are bringing board games, coloring books, snacks, etc for everyone. And so when things get close my husband will call his mom and tell her to hop on over with the girls. Hopefully they'll enjoy being there for the birth and all 5 of us can drive home together after a VERY short stay at the birth center.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #20
ce&E
Registered Users

Well I am wondering about this also. Luckily my mom is close by and ds loves her but he has yet to goto bed for her so I am worried about what will happen if the birth falls during his bedtime. He will goto bed equally well for my husband or I but noone else. He just screams for us. I am hoping we can work on improving this before the baby comes but don't know what we'll do if it doesn't get better.