Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #21
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: What about your other kids ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchPunkMom View Post
I think if you have a doula, and your dh is not totally involved during birth, then you should be able to have ds there with you. Also, you could hire a doula for your son. Talk to your doula about it, often doulas who are still training or just starting out will doula for kids for real cheap or even free! That way if your ds gets overwhelmed you won't have to decide who gets to leave the room with him (dh or doula).

I wish I lived a little closer, I'd come help you out in a heartbeat.

AFA what we've done - the boys were all born in the hospital. When we had Kieran, we had my ILs watch him at our house (it's MUCH easier to have someone come to your house so that you don't have to worry about driving around dropping off and what not while you're in labor ), which was great since I really didn't want to end up with my MIL in the room when I was giving birth again. With Torrin, my mom came and stayed with the older two (at 3am) and had planned on joining us once my dad would come and take over but for some reason he didn't thing 'anything would happen that soon' (I have fast labors) and she missed it. Eliana was born at home and my mom came as a support person for our boys.

This birth will be a little trickier, since we are new to the area and don't know anyone that well. However, we do have some friends that J knows from work that we've hit it off well with. They're a young couple and our kids adore them and they don't have kids of their own (simplifies things ), so we're planning on calling them to come be support for the kids when the baby is born. My parents now live about 3hrs away, so it's not likely they'd make it in time.
Lol thanks I'll pm you my address ! I guess I'll ask my doula what she thinks about him being there , I will have her and hubby there and hopefully my mom and dad too , so if that works out them maybe mom dad and hubby can take turns with him there at the hospital . He really wouldn't have a problem straying form his routine or anything cause he has always been pretty flexible that way but he is not the type of kid to sit and color or read or do anything really lol , he would much rather be up and running around getting into things so he may get a lil restless after a while . If my mom and da didn't want to be there SO bad I wouldn't hae to worry about this so much lol , but I know they want to be there with us and I do want my mom there too so , I'm sure one way or another it will work itself out by then .

Advertisement

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #22
bohlander04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsymama View Post
Ya for now it will be St Francis cause that's what our insurance covers the most , but maybe methodist if we end up getting this medical card too , then between both we would have it covered , man I need to get my butt going and get tours soon , I hear St Francis isn't very natural friendly .
Not the most natural friendly but I was happy to be there when DD and DS were born and both had complications.

Check out my new online store!
http://www.waddlewear.net/
bohlander04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #23
curlie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My parents will be here staying with the kids. DH will be with me at the hospital as much as possible. This was what we did when we had DD #2, and it worked well (although granted, not everyone was staying at my house since we lived in my hometown back then....).
curlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #24
angiemari
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wish i knew what i'm doing. My cousin is trying to come the day before the birth so that she can stay with the kids, and help us out, but if she can't then we have to beg dh's parents. otherwise he will not be able to come and be with me for the c-section!
angiemari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #25
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It will totally depend on where we're living at the time.

If we're still here in Tennessee, a family from Church (hubby, wife and two grade school kiddos) will come take Gemma for the day (or night, whichever) since they are close with us.

But, if were out in CA, my mom will watch over her either at her house, or at the birth center. It will really depend on the time of day. If its in the middle of the night, I want my DD to stick to her sleep routine of course.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #26
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

southernmom2three was super super SUPER sweet and kind and took DD#1 at 6:30am and kept her until nearing on 10pm (since I ended up not having DD#2 until after 8pm). If it wasn't for her my boyfriend wouldn't have been there for the birth of his daughter. For that I am eternally greatful to Nikki.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #27
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aw, how sweet are you?
It was my pleasure and we all had a fun day =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrferr View Post
southernmom2three was super super SUPER sweet and kind and took DD#1 at 6:30am and kept her until nearing on 10pm (since I ended up not having DD#2 until after 8pm). If it wasn't for her my boyfriend wouldn't have been there for the birth of his daughter. For that I am eternally greatful to Nikki.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #28
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We will be driving the 3 girls up to my moms to stay. Its 3hrs from the hospital (which is why I am asking to be induced, I have really fast labors). My mom & her dh will drive the girls back home to us when I am out of the hospital. My sister is supposed to be helping my mom with the girls but I'm not sure if she will be or what that plan is.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:09 PM   #29
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pretty sure she'll be staying w/her nana for a couple days. I'll miss her!!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #30
Pea_inthepod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS (who is 20months) will stay with my mom...if I got into labor in the middle of the night my mom will come over to our house and go back to sleep so we dont have to wake him up. He will stay with my mom for the first night...but if im in the hospital more then 1 night Dh will come home for the next night(s). But we have lots of family and friends who can help watch him during the day if needed, and im sure he will be up at the hospital for a little bit after the baby is born.