Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #21
hram
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: vaccine?! yes/no-how to decide?

Thanks so much for the advice. Its hard to to get anyone's advice who dont vax, we dont know many people here and the ones we do know arent on the same page as us (our neighbors left their home for the whole day because they knew i was going into labor and having a home birht. i guess they thought they would have to hear screams of agony, i didnt hate to dissapoint them!) but you know mothers, at least my mother, she sees both sides having experience both and would never tell me what i should do. but i wish someone could just say DONT do it or DO it! but i guess thats what being a parent is about. but i have some books and some good resouces that were given here. so im off to the neverending debate! wish me luck!

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 08:32 AM   #22
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH and I were both pro vax before doing any reading. And when I say reading, I dont just mean one tiny book or a pamphlet. We went and borrowed or bought about 16 books on vaccination...he read a few, I read a few and we discussed them. We also reviewed numerous case studies that noted reactions, and what types those reactions were per capita. It was an unbiased study logged in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Once we'd done all that, it was a no brainer for us. We chose not to vaccinate. It was a contraversal decision among family and of course our very mainstream Pediatrician...but we feel sooo good about it. I can't imagine taking her in for them now....not knowing all the information that I do. That having been said, her natural immunity must be pretty darn awesome...because at 13 months old, she'd never had so much as the sniffles. And shes been directly exposed to a child with Chicken Pox AND the flu

Every parent has to do what they feel is right for their children. I just advocate truly weighing both sides and doing sufficient research (books, statistics, conversations with Doctors etc) before making ANY decision about your childs health or physical state. Like someone else said, if you dont vaccinate right away, you can always do it later...but once you do it, you cant have it "undone".

Good luck mama! Dont stress...just take your time and do some reading!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #23
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bug~ View Post
IMO, from the research I've done I think vaccines are hurting us more than helping. The evidence is mounting that there is a strong link between vaccines and the skyrocketing numbers of childhood diseases such as autism, ADD/ADHD, juvenile diabetes, asthma, etc.
Also all sorts of chronic diseases later in life. Although most haven't been linkeed directly to vaxes YET, when you put it all together, it definitely appears that there is a link...
Old 08-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #24
fishermanswife
Registered Users

Sounds like lots of you have done a lot of searching for information out there. You certainly have brought up things I hadn't heard of before. I am disappointed that a few of you took such an in-your-face approach... if you want to help educate people about it that wouldn't be the right way... it just makes me feel bad. Anyway, most of you just gave the facts without sounding like you would like to kill me in the process.

Just a question... with all this info out there, why are they still vaccinating? Why does every doctor recommend it? Every public health nurse? I imagine the naturopaths would have a different take on it, but why is our medical system so "pro" vaccination? And I am not being facetious. I really want to know. My doctor was the one who said that people are riding on the backs of others who have been vaccinated. And if you can't trust your doctor... who can you trust?
Thanks,
FW
Old 08-15-2007, 10:54 AM   #25
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I for one think vaccinations are going to end up like antibiotics. They SOUND like a good idea, but in the end for most cases they really aren't.

Quote:
Hope I don't get anyone's back up by saying this but those who don't vaccinate are coasting at the backs of those who do... what I mean is that the reason the deseases are so rare now is because most babies are vaccinated so chances are your baby wouldn't get sick. But at the cost of others? Maybe.
That's all i have to say about that, the others did a good enough job discounting that theory already

Quote:
The other thing is, if they chose to travel when they are older, or if you chose to travel with them, you may run into trouble crossing borders.
Um, no actually that's not true. There are exemptions. Like school, they like to make you think you need them, but you can get out. With the exception of yellow fever and few select countries, but yellow fever is a n.a.s.t.y. vaccine, one of the worst out there IMO. And who says they're going to travel to a country that "requires" it? If that's the case why not just get the vaccine before you go, and if they're old enough let them make the decision.

Second, I hear about people vaccinating all the time because they travel. Well, vaccines aren't 100% anyways, and any place that would put my child in so much danger that it would be the only reason to vax, we won't be going.

[COLOR="Red"]ISO: Girly Alva or Sunbaby OS for a mama on a budget.
Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:00 AM   #26
tadbhoward
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishermanswife View Post
Sounds like lots of you have done a lot of searching for information out there. You certainly have brought up things I hadn't heard of before. I am disappointed that a few of you took such an in-your-face approach... if you want to help educate people about it that wouldn't be the right way... it just makes me feel bad. Anyway, most of you just gave the facts without sounding like you would like to kill me in the process.

Just a question... with all this info out there, why are they still vaccinating? Why does every doctor recommend it? Every public health nurse? I imagine the naturopaths would have a different take on it, but why is our medical system so "pro" vaccination? And I am not being facetious. I really want to know. My doctor was the one who said that people are riding on the backs of others who have been vaccinated. And if you can't trust your doctor... who can you trust?
Thanks,
FW
Old 08-15-2007, 11:15 AM   #27
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks,
Easy - $ and nobody wants to be the outcast of the medical society. Be the first dr. in a medical practice to not recommend vax and you're commiting career suicide. As for the money part, most of the higher up's in the CDC are also work for big pharma, it doesn't make cent$ to not recommend it when you'd directly get hit in the pocketbook.

Last edited by Kanga; 08-15-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #28
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Okay...I have been researching for nearly a year now and STILL learning more!
Vaccinations are actually making childhood diseases worse.

Take mumps for example, the vaccine is causing the virus to mutate into a dangerous strain that adults are catching because all vaccines have been shown to wear off and require "boosters" including the Hep B, which wears off by the time of sexual activity. It was designed for drug users, high risk individuals but easier to give to babies.

And the rubella vaccine was actually designed to be given to women before they got pregnant if they weren't already immune because the danger in rubella is causing birth defects in an unborn child only if you catch it while you're pg. However, it is given to children so young now (and boys don't even need it cause they can't get pg) that it wears off by the time they get pregnant (I wasn't immune at 20 years old with my 2nd and I was fully vaxed as a kid) Did you ever wonder why they include that in your initial OB blood work?

Not to mention chicken pox, which is causing shingles in younger kids now!

Last edited by mom2kdmb; 08-15-2007 at 11:43 AM.
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #29
mommasgonequilting
Registered Users

This is one of those topics that everyone has an opinion on.

We chose to vac both our children with all but the chicken pox vacc. After talking to my Dr, who has researched many of the same things that have been talked out in this posting. This is the only one that we have refused to give both children.

If your not comfortable with doing it at the appointment just tell the Dr. that you want to postpone it until later.

Selling my KAM snap press on Ebay

Items for sale on auctionsft

Auctionsft is now allowing free listings until the end of the year.
mommasgonequilting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #30
Kanga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I also wanted to add, that IMO, you will never get rid of disease. You can't beat mother nature, she wins every dang time! Sure, go ahead and try to get rid of CP, it's just going to come back and bite you in the azz when you're an adult and make it 10x worse. When you take away one disease, it's only going to find a way around it, much like bacteria did for abx.