Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:02 AM   #51
BabyNick#2
Registered Users
seller

Re: vaccine?! yes/no-how to decide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
*Ok so are you annoyed with me or all of us? I never said Dr's were just "monkeys who do what they are told"
*I was simply saying that I don't think the average Dr is part of some dark conspiracy, they are doing what they think is best because of what they have been taught.
*As for pharma reps, I'm sorry but I don't think that most pharma reps have more than the basic education as far as medicine is concerned. They are first and formost sales people.
*As for if you vax or not. Honestly doesn't make a bit of difference to me, it's not my decision.
*And I am pretty sure I get more crap on a day to day basis about my choice not to vax than you do for your choice to vax.
How often outside of maybe these more crunchy boards do you here anythign about not vaxing?

I still dont know how to multi quote, sorry.

*Ok so are you annoyed with me or all of us? I never said Dr's were just "monkeys who do what they are told"
-Im not annoyed with just one person, not you, not op, nobody in particular. I think honestly I am annoyed that we all cant just do or not do without it becoming another who's better.
-And I now you didnt say the monkey thing, I did.

*I was simply saying that I don't think the average Dr is part of some dark conspiracy, they are doing what they think is best because of what they have been taught.
-We are all doing what we think is best by what we have been taught and by our own education. Just as Doctors do. You are very educated in not vaccinating and reasons why, and you have made decisions based on that.

*As for pharma reps, I'm sorry but I don't think that most pharma reps have more than the basic education as far as medicine is concerned. They are first and formost sales people.
-There is a lot more to being a good pharm. rep than just the basic education that the everyday Joe has. Of course there is always a few bad apples, just as there are RN's or Dr.s, but they do have to know what they are talking about so they have the answers to the questions.

*As for if you vax or not. Honestly doesn't make a bit of difference to me, it's not my decision.
-You said what I was trying to get across with my poor choice of words. It seems that with this board in particular, if you are in the norm in TRW, you wind up thrown in the category that the not norm in TRW is thrown into. KWIM? Here-You vaccinate = bad mommy/non vacc= good mommy. What is probably TRW Vacc-good mommy/non vacc=bad mommy. I just thought this would be a place that differences would be more acceptable, not more controversial.

*And I am pretty sure I get more crap on a day to day basis about my choice not to vax than you do for your choice to vax.
How often outside of maybe these more crunchy boards do you here anythign about not vaxing?

I am well aware of that, but I am never here telling someone who doesnt do what I do, that they are wrong/uneducated/uninformed. I am not saying you said anything of that sort. But its the big picture I am talking about.

(I also never said anything about herd immunity, not that you said I did, but I just want to be clear on that)

Advertisement

BabyNick#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #52
hellyaellen
Registered Users

Re: vaccine?! yes/no-how to decide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishermanswife View Post
Just a question... with all this info out there, why are they still vaccinating? Why does every doctor recommend it? Every public health nurse? I imagine the naturopaths would have a different take on it, but why is our medical system so "pro" vaccination? And I am not being facetious. I really want to know. My doctor was the one who said that people are riding on the backs of others who have been vaccinated. And if you can't trust your doctor... who can you trust?
Thanks,
FW
Yu've already heard it but i'll say it again....$$$$ HEalthy kids do not make money for the medical field. Not that I think docs are really thinking "heh-heh, theres my car payment, sucker" when they inject or anything but thats just the way the system is set up.

Trust your body! Trust yourself in the decisions that you make. If you're not sure, WAIT before doing something you can't undo. Something I hear a lot on another board is that you don't have to be sure about not vaccinationg, but you better be sure about vaccinationg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2madolyn View Post
Okay...I have been researching for nearly a year now and STILL learning more!
Vaccinations are actually making childhood diseases worse.

Take mumps for example, the vaccine is causing the virus to mutate into a dangerous strain that adults are catching because all vaccines have been shown to wear off and require "boosters" including the Hep B, which wears off by the time of sexual activity. It was designed for drug users, high risk individuals but easier to give to babies.

And the rubella vaccine was actually designed to be given to women before they got pregnant if they weren't already immune because the danger in rubella is causing birth defects in an unborn child only if you catch it while you're pg. However, it is given to children so young now (and boys don't even need it cause they can't get pg) that it wears off by the time they get pregnant (I wasn't immune at 20 years old with my 2nd and I was fully vaxed as a kid) Did you ever wonder why they include that in your initial OB blood work?

Not to mention chicken pox, which is causing shingles in younger kids now!
ITA w/ you. The notion of routine vaccination (what is it now? 22 before they turn 2? even that may be outdated) is so dangerous. It is preventing the lifetime immunity that would be aquired through actually catching the diseases. And it creating complications like you mentioned w/ shingles in young children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8903 View Post
I wonder this too. It's implied that people who vax wouldn't if they were educated about the topic and had done thier research. Well, what if you have done the research and still choose to vaccinate. Does that make you a bad parent?

I've read the Romm and Cave books and honestly I consider them to be outdated. Thimerasol is no longer in vaccines (expect for flu but there is a thimerasol-free option). The DTP no longer exists.

Are there any books that have been published in the past 2 years and talks about vaccines as they are today?

My DD is fully vaccinated up to this point. Although I may consider spacing the remaining vaxs out a bit, she will get them. And I HAVE done my research!
There are still trace amounts of thimeroserol in the thimeroserol-free vaxes. It is used to preserve the other ingridients and then removed. But they can't remove it entirely.

There are other ingridients in the vaxes though that I am just as wary of injecting into my kids. As an example....

http://www.cogforlife.org/fetalvaccines.htm

Also aluminum, formaldahyde, etc

I like reading the older books published when these diseases were a bit more common be cause they helped me to see that they are commonly a mild disease. Even the more serious ones are treatable.

but for something up to date try the book Just a Little Prick by Hillary Butler.

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/butler88.html

You might try the vaccine boards on http://www.mothering.com/discussions/index.php

lots of info on the dideases and the vaccines, lots of links, a warning though... the discussions often go way over my head and do some reading on there to get a feel for the forum before you post

hth
hellyaellen is offline   Reply With Quote